Georges at the 2011 Four Days of Dunkirk.
|Full name||Sylvain Georges|
1 May 1984|
Infobox last updated on|
1 January 2014
Sylvain Georges (born 1 May 1984) is a professional French racing cyclist who last rode for Ag2r–La Mondiale. He was born in Beaumont, Puy-de-Dôme, France. On 18 May 2012, Georges won his first pro tour stage on the 6th stage of the Tour of California, where he broke away with six other riders at the start of a mountain stage leading to Big Bear Lake and rode solo for the last 50 kilometers to take the win as the peloton was in sight.
In May 2013 Georges withdrew from the Giro D'Italia after testing positive for Heptaminol. He was later sacked by his team.
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; In Progress = IP
- "Profile". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Weislo, Laura (19 May 2012). "Tour of California: Sylvain Georges roars into Big Bear Lake". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- GMT (2013-05-15). "BBC Sport – Giro d'Italia: French cyclist Sylvain Georges fails drug test". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Georges Sacked By Ag2r-La Mondiale". Cyclingnews.com. 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
Media related to Sylvain Georges at Wikimedia Commons
- Sylvain Georges profile at Cycling Archives