Sunrise/Back to the Future
|Sunrise/Back to the Future|
|Founded by||Tony Colston-Hayter and Paul Staines|
Sunrise/Back to the Future were one of the most widely publicised Acid House promoters in the UK. One commentator states "Over the course of 1989, promoters such as World Dance, Genesis, Helter Skelter and Energy succeeded in setting acid house nights free of the urban core's constructions, staging ever more elaborate Orbital parties in borrowed and rented fields, the odd warehouse, or some other similarly vacant structure".
Run by Tony Colston-Hayter and Paul Staines, the organisation was occasionally front-page news. In 1989, Colston-Hayter evaded imprisonment for organising an unlicensed party (Sunrise Midsummer Party at White Waltham Airfield aka "Ecstasy Airport" ) by claiming that he issued membership cards for Sunrise and it was a private party. In 2014, he was imprisoned for hacking several banks in London.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunrise/Back to the Future.|
- Clover, J. 1989: Bob Dylan didn't have this to sing about. p. 64
- Collin, M. ' Altered State: The Story of Ecstasy Culture and Acid House. p.108.
- Barclays Bank computer theft: Two men in court over £1.3m haul - BBC News
- Cyber gang leader Tony Colston-Hayter jailed for bank scam - BBC News
- Media related to Sunrise/Back to the Future at Wikimedia Commons