Studio di fonologia musicale di Radio Milano

Audio console

The Studio di fonologia musicale di Radio Milano was established 1955 in Milan following a joint initiative by Luciano Berio and Bruno Maderna.[1]

The aim was to create a third European facility for experimental electronic contemporary classical music after the Studio für elektronische Musik des WDR in Cologne and the Groupe de Recherches Musicales in Paris.[2]

The studio closed on 28 February 1983.[3] The refurbished equipment is now exhibited at the Museum of Musical Instruments in the Sforza Castle, Milan.


  1. "Studio di fonologia musicale di Radio Milano – Tecnologia e Tecnica: Alfredo Lietti e Marino Zuccheri" by Giovanni Belletti, University of Padua, 28 February 2007 (Italian)
  2. Lo studio di Fonologia RAI di Milano – C'erano una volta 9 oscillatori, Digital Audio Report (Italian)
  3. "Ciacolando con Marino" (Chatting with Marino [Zuccheri]) by Giovanni Belletti, 8 July 2013 (Italian)
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 5/19/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.