|No. 61, 60|
|Date of birth:||August 21, 1970|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Southridge|
|NFL Draft:||1993 / Round: 1 / Pick: 14|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Steven Michael "Steve" Everitt (born August 21, 1970) is a former American football player. He played college football as a center for the University of Michigan from 1989 to 1992. He played professional football as a center and offensive guard in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons, including 46 games for the Cleveland Browns from 1993 to 1995 and 45 games for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1997 to 1999.
University of Michigan
Everitt enrolled at the University of Michigan in 1988 and played college football as a center for the Michigan Wolverines football teams from 1989 to 1992. As a freshman, Everitt started all 12 games at center for the 1989 Michigan Wolverines football team that compiled a 10-2 record in Bo Schembechler's last season as Michigan's head coach. He then shared the starting center role with Matt Elliott during the 1990 and 1991 seasons. As a senior, he started all 12 games for the undefeated 1992 Michigan team that compiled a 9-0-3 record, outscored opponents 389-198, and defeated Washington in the 1993 Rose Bowl. He was selected as a first-team player on the 1992 All-Big Ten Conference football team.
Everitt was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the first round (14th overall pick) of the 1993 NFL Draft. He played three seasons for the Browns from 1993 to 1995, appearing in 46 games, including 45 games at the team's starting center. After the Browns moved to Baltimore in 1996 Everitt was fined $5,000 by the league for wearing a Browns bandana with his Ravens uniform, which he did in protest of the team's relocation . He appeared in eight games for the Ravens in 1996.
In March 1997, Everitt signed a five-year $11.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. He spent three years with the Eagles, appearing in 45 games as the team's starting center. In April 2000, Everitt was released by the Eagles.
- "Steve Everitt". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "Michigan Football Roster Database". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "1989 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "1990 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "1991 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "1992 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "Fine paid, Everitt still takes shots at Modell". Toledo Blade. November 16, 1997. p. B8.
- Steve Patton (March 6, 1997). "He's a center of attention in more ways than one". Reading Eagle. p. C2.
- "Eagles release center Everitt, two others as minicamp nears". Reading Eagle. April 26, 2000. p. D6.
- "Rams sign McCleon, Everitt". The Southeast Missourian. June 14, 2000. p. 2B.