Zimmerman grabbing a rebound in the 2015 McDonalds All-American Game
|No. 34 – Erie BayHawks|
|League||NBA Development League|
September 9, 1996|
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
(Las Vegas, Nevada)
|NBA draft||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41st overall|
|Selected by the Orlando Magic|
|Career highlights and awards|
Stephen Eric Zimmerman Jr. (born September 9, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League, on assignment from the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played one season of college basketball for UNLV before being selected with the 41st overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft by the Magic.
High school career
Zimmerman attendee Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he led the Gaels to four straight state championships, becoming the only player in Nevada history to accomplish the feat at the large-school level. His 114 career wins also made him the winningest player in school history. As a senior in 2014–15, Zimmerman averaged 14.7 points, 10.1 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 2.4 blocks per game. He subsequently earned selection to the McDonald's All-American Game and the Jordan Brand Classic.
Zimmerman played one season of college basketball for UNLV. As a freshman in 2015–16, he played in 26 games (24 starts) and averaged 10.5 points, a team-high 8.7 rebounds and a team-high 1.96 blocks in 26.2 minutes per game. He ranked second in the Mountain West Conference in blocked shots and third in rebounding. He scored in double figures 17 times, including a career-high 21 points on February 2 against New Mexico. He pulled down 10+ rebounds 13 times, including a career-best 16 boards on January 19 against Utah State.
On March 28, 2016, Zimmerman declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final three years of college eligibility.
Orlando Magic (2016–present)
On June 23, 2016, Zimmerman was selected by the Orlando Magic with the 41st overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft and afterwards he joined the Magic for the 2016 NBA Summer League. On July 7, he signed with the Magic. On October 29, he made his debut for the Magic in a 108–82 loss to the Detroit Pistons, recording four rebounds and one assist in eight minutes off the bench. On November 28, he was assigned to the Erie BayHawks, the Magic's D-League affiliate.
- "Stephen Zimmerman Jr. Bio". UNLVRebels.com. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Orlando Magic Sign Stephen Zimmerman". NBA.com. July 7, 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- Anderson, Mark (March 28, 2016). "Stephen Zimmerman Jr. officially announces he will enter NBA Draft". ReviewJournal.com. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Magic Select Stephen Zimmerman 41st Overall in NBA Draft". NBA.com. June 23, 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Magic Announce 2016 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Roster". NBA.com. June 28, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "Pistons roll in home opener, 108-82 over Magic". ESPN.com. October 29, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "Stephen Zimmerman Assigned to Erie BayHawks". NBA.com. November 28, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stephen Zimmerman.|