|Coordinates: 63°46′30″N 20°11′45″E / 63.77500°N 20.19583°ECoordinates: 63°46′30″N 20°11′45″E / 63.77500°N 20.19583°E|
|• Total||0.39 km2 (0.15 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2010)|
|• Density||551/km2 (1,430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Stöcksjö is a village located 9,6 km south of the Swedish town Umeå.
In the centra of Stöcksjö a lake named Stöcksjön situated with different bathing places. There is a beach with locker rooms, toilets, barbercue site and a candy trolley in the summer. Also there is a Nudist beach located on Dragonudden. It offers a barbercue site, benches and toilets. In the winter the lake is a popular place for jig and also cross-country skiing. Stöcksjö also has a school named Stöcksjö Skola. It is a primary school with a preschool that was earlier on divided in two divisions. One was called Trollet and the other was called Vätten. Since 2012 there are four different sections named Lusten, Modet, Glädjen and Viljan. Stöcksjö skolan is located on Norra Byvägen 40 and is fairly close to the forest, who is used almost daily by kids when they play in the school playground during breaks from class.
Besides from Stöcksjön and Stöcksjö Skola there is a riding stable named SURF. It stands for Södra Umeå Ryttarförening (Southern Umeå Equestrian society). The riding stable is located on the address Södra kustvägen 30 in Stöcksjö.
The murder in Stöcksjö
Even though Stöcksjö is a calm little village were families live, it has somewhat of a dark history. In 1966 a man was murdered and to this day no one knows who the murderer is. Karl Axel Andersson is the name of the victim who disappeared around the 17th of October 1966 and his body was discovered the 10th of August 1967. the location of the body was in Kvistforskanalen. When Karl Axel Andersson disappeared neighbours found bloodstains on the stairs outside his house. The police had trouble finding the body even though they had good help from civilians. The police used dogs and people from the neighborhood went searching alongside. All together they search area was up to 155 miles around almost all rodes in Stöcksjö but they came up empty handed.
Tillers life before
Because Stöcksjö is located a bit outside Umeå, most of the inhabitants have been farmers who produced different types of seed. Earlier, for all farmers, the work was especially hard since they did not have the same equipment that today's society can offer.
Companys located in Stöcksjö
- Röbäcks Sweden AB is a company located in Stöcksjö who delivers concrete- asphalt- and environmental industri products and facilities.
- Stöcksjö Trafik AB who is in a road carrier business alongside with construction machinery who has their main office located in Stöcksjö.
- Stolt Industriservice is a contract company who also is located in Stöcksjö.
- "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2005 och 2010" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 14 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Forsman, Hedlund, Karlsson, Landström, Sandström, Wallgren, Öhgren, Gertrud, John, Inga och Rune, Ragnar, Albin, Georg, Gunni (1992). Boken om Stöcksjö.