Spectrum Sports (Ohio)
September 1998 (central Ohio),|
April 2004 (SW Ohio),
August 2006 (NE Ohio),
September 2009 (statewide)
|Owned by||Charter Communications|
|Broadcast area||Cleveland, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, Akron, Ohio & surrounding areas|
|Formerly called||TWTV, Time Warner Cable Connections, Time Warner NE Ohio Network (NEON), Central Ohio Sport! TV, Time Warner Cable Sports Channel Ohio|
Spectrum Sports (New York),|
Spectrum Sports (Wisconsin),
Spectrum Sports (Kansas City),
Spectrum SportsNet (Los Angeles)
|Spectrum Mid-Ohio, NE Ohio, SW Ohio systems||
510 (SD) (formerly Insight)
511 (HD) (formerly Insight)
Spectrum Sports is a regional sports network serving Ohio and parts of northern Kentucky, southern Michigan and western Pennsylvania operated by Charter Communications through its acquisition of Time Warner Cable in May 2016. Broadcasting on Channel 311 and 1311 exclusively on Time Warner Cable systems. It is currently not carried by any satellite providers. The network reaches more than 2.4 million viewers across three states and delivers more than 200 high definition events each year.
The channel began in September 1998 in Columbus, Ohio as a partnership between Insight Communications and Time Warner Cable called "Central Ohio Sport! Television." Similar channels debuted in February 2004 to Dayton and in 2006 to Cincinnati as TWTV and in Cleveland and Akron/Canton,_Ohio as NEON. In August 2012 the service replaced four regional part-time sports channels (Central Ohio Sport! Television, TWTV, Time Warner Cable Sports 24, and NE Ohio Network) into a three-zoned statewide sports network that serves 83 of Ohio's 88 counties.
It was reported that on November 17 and 18, 2015, the network will air Before The League - a documentary series on the history of professional American football in Ohio.
Currently the channel is the home to the Columbus Crew, one of the original Major League Soccer franchises; Mid-American Conference college football and basketball including University of Akron, Bowling Green State University, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Kent State University, Miami University, Ohio University, Ball State University, Central Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, Northern Illinois University, University of Toledo, and Western Michigan University; Dayton Flyers basketball; and the Ohio High School Athletic Association. The channel airs supplemental local shows, smaller collegiate sports, and other minor professional sports within the Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania franchise areas of Time Warner Cable.
After the construction of a new high definition studio and control room in the fall of 2014, Time Warner Cable SportsChannel debuted multiple new sports programs including #Hooley, College Gametime Ohio, and Armchair Quarterbacks.
The following shows are produced and carried by Spectrum Sports (Ohio):
- More Sports & Les Levine – Ohio's longest running live sports talk show. Hosted by Les Levine.
- #Hooley - Weekly sports talk show hosted by Bruce Hooley.
- College Gametime Ohio - Weekly college football show hosted by Greg Miller.
- Armchair Quarterbacks - Weekly football analysis show hosted by David Bacon, Bud Shaw, and Les Levine.
- Varsity Rivals – Ohio’s high schools have some of the best, long running, football rivals in the country.
- Game Changers – Each episode takes a look at three different Ohio high school coaching legends.
- HS Sports Insider – A compilation of the best and brightest high school athletes from across the state.
- Fantasy Huddle – The ultimate show for NFL fantasy teams and players looking to get an edge.
- College Gametime – Weekly program that covers college football and basketball.
- Miami Magazine – Weekly show featuring Miami University athletics.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction – Various events surrounding the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies
The following sporting events are carried by Spectrum Sports (Ohio):
- Columbus Crew (Major League Soccer)
- Mid-American Conference basketball and football
- Ohio High School Athletic Association high school games weekly
- OHSAA high school playoffs and championships
- Miami Redhawks hockey
- Dayton Flyers men's basketball
- Columbus Clippers and Toledo Mud Hens (International League baseball)
Other shows that air on Spectrum Sports (Ohio):
- Future Phenoms
- Sled Head
- Torc Unleased
- Xtream Racing
- "No one covers Central Ohio like Central Ohio Sport! TV" (Press release). Northwest Columbus News. May 31, 2000. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Sports games a boost for Time Warner" (Press release). Dayton Business Journal. January 16, 2006. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "'Before the League' documentary targets pre-NFL era". Ironton Tribune. Retrieved October 27, 2015.