|Genre||Fast casual restaurant|
Denver, Colorado, United States
|Founders||Rick Schaden & Tom Ryan|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Mike Nolan CEO|
|Products||Hamburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Salads, French Fries, Shakes, Soft Drinks|
Consumer Capital Partners|
Jollibee Foods Corporation (Jollibee Worldwide Pte Ltd. / Bee Good! Inc.) (40%)
Smashburger is an American fast-casual burger restaurant chain with more than 370 corporate and franchise outlets operating in 37 states and 9 countries. The company was founded in Denver, Colorado in 2007 by Tom Ryan, Rick Schaden, and private equity firm Consumer Capital Partners. Smashburger offers 100% Certified Angus Beef burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, sides, and shakes. The restaurant is named for the technique of smashing a ball of ground beef on a grill to "sear in the juices."
Smashburger’s menu focuses primarily on burgers, chicken sandwiches, and salads, with a variety of toppings and options. The restaurant serves localized burgers in each market based on regional flavors like the Sin City, Windy City, Spicy Cowboy, and others. The company also offers a variety of sides, including sweet potato fries, fried onions, and fried pickles, as well as a vegetarian black bean burger and Veggie Frites. Desserts include shakes and malts made with Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
In October 2015, the Philippine-based quick-service operator Jollibee Foods Corporation announced that it had acquired a 40-percent stake in Smashburger in a deal that valued the burger chain at $335 million.
- "Tom Ryan, Founder & Chief Concept Officer, Smashburger". www.vbprofiles.com. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Smashburger Puts the Spotlight on its Signature Smashing Technique in First Television Campaign". Reuters. 2013-06-04. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Smashburger Tour". Burger Weekly. Burger Weekly. June 12, 2013. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Bruce Horovitz (18 August 2013). "Smashburger wants to be 'Starbucks of burgers'". USA Today. Gannett Company.
- "Smashburger pairs menu items with craft beers". nrn.com. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Jollibee Acquires a 40% Stake in Smashburger". October 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Smashburger.|