Slow Motion (Lee.M and J. Pearl song)
|Single by Lee.M & J. Pearl featuring Iyaz & Snoop Dogg|
|Released||26 October 2012|
|Genre||Electrohop, dance pop, Hip house|
|Lee.M singles chronology|
"Slow Motion" is a single by Lee.M and J. Pearl featuring additional vocals from Iyaz and rap by Snoop Dogg. The "electro house" dance tune is the debut single of Lee Mulhern who took the stage name Lee.M and is credited to "Lee.M & J. Pearl featuring Iyaz and Snoop Dogg".
Lee Matthews (birth name Lee Mulhern) is Irish solo singer and musical child prodigy as well as being in a number of boy band projects (Streetwize, Stateside and Access All Areas). He forged a musical relationship with Pete Doherty for singing in a duo project called NXT-GEN. Lee Mulhern had received through his music manager a request for adding his vocals for a possible song with Iyaz, after Snoop Dogg expressed interest in collaborating with the young singer offering to add a rapping section to the song.
Mulhern's vocals were recorded in Ireland and sent to Snoop Dogg's company resulting in this debut single "Slow Motion" that was mixed in Los Angeles. The track was produced by Swiss producer David May.
The single was released on 26th October 2012 being the debut single of Lee.M on Strictly Rhythm label on an international release with artist J. Pearl, a Strictly Rhythm label signed artist.
A pre-released version of the song was mixed by Jupiter Ace from Strictly Rhythm in two versions as well, an Extended version and a Club mix version has gained popularity.
- Aisling Scally (27 October 2012). "The former Castlederg crooner recording with Snoop Dogg". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "New Lee-verage with the Dogg". Ulster Herald. 22 October 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Local singer's debut with rap legend Snoop Dogg". Derry Journal. 2 November 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- The DJList: "Slow Motion" (Jupiter Ace Mixes)
- NextSound.dj: "Slow Motion": Jupiter Ace Club mix