Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Slovenská technická univerzita v Bratislave|
Highrise of the Faculty of Civil Engineering
|Rector||prof. Ing. Robert Redhammer, PhD.|
|Address||Vazovova 5, 812 43 Bratislava 1, Slovak Republic, Europe, Bratislava, Slovak Republic|
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (STU) (Slovak: Slovenská technická univerzita v Bratislave) is the biggest and oldest university of technology in Slovakia. In the 2012 Academic Ranking of World Universities it was ranked in the first 150 in Computer Science, the only university in central Europe in the first 200. However, it lost this position in the two following years.
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Materials Science and Technology (in Trnava)
- Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies
- Institute of Management
- Institute of Engineering Studies
European Alliance for Innovation
The Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the European Alliance for Innovation on the 3rd of May 2013. The signators were the president of the European Alliance for Innovation, professor Imrich Chlamtac and the rector of the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Robert Redhammer.
The purpose of this cooperation is to help innovation made in the STU to reach the market, as well as create a base of operations for EAI in Central Europe.
- http://www.shanghairanking.com/SubjectCS2012.html Academic Ranking of World Universities in Computer Science
- http://www.stuba.sk/new/generate_page.php?page_id=6433 Signing the Memorandum of Understanding
- http://www.stuba.sk/sk/vyskume/europska-aliancia-pre-inovacie-na-stu.html?page_id=6761 European Alliance for Innovation at the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava