College Baseball Foundation
College Baseball Foundation logo
Location in the state of Texas
President and CEO
The College Baseball Foundation was formed in 2004 in Lubbock, Texas as a non-profit organization, with the dual aims of awarding the Brooks Wallace Award, and creating the National College Baseball Hall of Fame. The organization also annually presents several other college baseball awards including: the John Olerud Award, National Collegiate Umpire Award, Pitcher of the Year Award, and Skip Bertman Award.
National College Baseball Hall of Fame
The National College Baseball Hall of Fame was created in 2004 by the College Baseball Foundation, and inducted its first class in 2006. The yet-to-be built facility will be named after former United States President George H.W. Bush who captained the Yale Bulldogs baseball team, and as a left-handed first baseman, played in the first two College World Series. As of January 2013, the Foundation had raised approximately $7 million of the $13 million goal, after receiving a $5 million grant from the Moody Foundation.
Brooks Wallace Award
Named after former Texas Tech Red Raiders shortstop and assistant coach Brooks Wallace, since 2009, this award is given annually to the best collegiate shortstop. From 2004 to 2008, the award was given to the most outstanding player.
John Olerud Award
Pitcher of the Year Award
Since 2009, this award is given annually to the best collegiate pitcher. From 2004 to 2008, the Roger Clemens Award, was given to the best collegiate pitcher by the Greater Houston Baseball Association.
Stopper of the Year Award
Skip Bertman Award
Named after former LSU Tigers head coach Skip Bertman, since 2013, this award is given annually to the best collegiate head coach. The inaugural award was given to head coach Mike Dickson at Gloucester County College, a Division III member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
|2013||Dickson, MikeMike Dickson||Gloucester County College|
|2014||Tadlock, TimTim Tadlock||Texas Tech|
|2015||Mainieri, PaulPaul Mainieri||Louisiana State|
National Collegiate Umpire Award
George H.W. Bush Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Pahigian, Josh. "76: The National College Baseball Hall of Fame". 101 Baseball Places to See Before You Strike Out. Guilford, Connecticut: Lyons Press. pp. 170–172. ISBN 1599218844.
- "School House to White House: The Education of the Presidents". National Archives. Spring 2007. Retrieved March 29, 2008.
- Aaron Fitt (January 8, 2013). "College Baseball Hall Of Fame Receives $5 Million Grant". Baseball America. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Vinton, Nathaniel (2008-09-13). "Roger Clemens' foundation takes a hit, along with his 'Q' score - New York Daily News". Articles.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- On the College Baseball HoF website, click on "Awards." Accessed 2016-10-17.
- "Hall of Fame creates Coach of the Year Award" (Press release). National College Baseball Hall of Fame. 2013-06-14. Retrieved 2014-06-26.