|• Total||c. 4,000|
Coordinates: 53°17′N 5°40′E / 53.283°N 5.667°E Sint Annaparochie is the principal and largest settlement of the municipality of Het Bildt in Friesland, the Netherlands. It lies approximately 15 km northwest of Leeuwarden and has approximately 4000 inhabitants. The village is named after Saint Anne, the mother of Mary.
St. Annaparochie was founded in the 16th century. Though it is located in the province of Friesland, the principal language spoken in the town is Bildts or Dutch, not West Frisian. Rembrandt was married in the parish church in St. Annaparochie in 1634.
There was a station on the North Friesland Railway which opened in 1902 and closed to passengers in May 1935. It reopened to passengers in May 1940 and closed to passengers again in October 1942. Its final closure took place in May 1966.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sint Annaparochie.|