Shenyang China International Horticultural Exposition 2006
Shenyang China International Horticultural Exposition 2006 (2006中国沈阳世界园艺博览会) was a horticultural exhibition recognised by the International Association of Horticultural Producers (as AIPH class A2/B1) in Shenyang, China
The exposition was held at the Qipanshan Mountain International Scenery and Tourism Development Zone, a recreation resort east of Shenyang, and extended from May 1 to October 31, 2006. It took up some 246 hectares, larger than any previous international horticultural exposition. Organizers said the exposition was "the only international horticultural garden in the forest." The exposition comprised four major structures, three landscape zones, and 100 smaller gardens. The structures included the 72-metre sculpture "Wing of Phoenix", a Rose Garden greenhouse of 3,300 roses, the 125-metre "Tower of Lily", and the main exhibition hall with 12,000 square metres of space.
- AIPH Exhibitions, history retrieved 10 January 2011 Archived November 8, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "China Shenyang International Horticultural Exposition". Clivia.net.cn. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- Expo 2006 promotional tag obverse text
- "Extensive horticultural exposition shows a garden of variety". Chinadaily.com.cn. 2006-04-29. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Liaoning contingent accomplishes security work for horticultural expo". English.chinamil.com.cn. 2006-11-03. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- Shenyang China International Horticultural Exposition 2006 (Chinese)
- Shenyang China International Horticultural Exposition 2006 (English)