|Birth name||Shaila de los Ángeles Morales de las Heras|
|Also known as||Shaila Dúrcal|
August 28, 1979|
|Genres||Latin pop, Pop|
Shaila Dúrcal (born Shaila de los Ángeles Morales de las Heras on August 28, 1979) is a Spanish Grammy nominated singer-songwriter. She is the daughter of Latin Grammy award winner Rocío Dúrcal. Her father was Antonio "Junior" Morales.
She was born in Madrid and made her musical debut at the age of 12 on TVE singing for Nikka Costa. She studied singing under the tutelage of Robert Jeantal before touring extensively with her mother Rocío as a back-up singer throughout Spain, Mexico and the United States. While continuing her studies in Miami, she was courted by several major record labels, recording a series of demos including a session of songs by English songwriter Richard Daniel Roman.
In 2001 she moved to Mexico and signed to BMG who later released her eponymous debut album which was largely ignored by both critics and public alike. This album was followed by Recordando in 2006 on EMI, an album dedicated to her mother and which went straight to number one in Spain, going platinum in its second week after selling over 80,000 singles. She has sold more than 200,000 albums in Spain and 30,000 in Mexico as of 2014. She performed at the Latin Grammy Show, singing "Amor Eterno".
- 2004: Shaila (BMG) #99 MÉX
- 2006: Recordando (EMI) #1 ESP; #52 MÉX; #87 USA; #36 EUROPA
- 2008: Tanto Amor (EMI) #5 ESP; #80 MÉX
- 2009: Corazón Ranchero (EMI) #30 ESP; #27 MÉX
- 2011: Asi
- 2015: Shaila Dúrcal
- "No Sirvo Para Estar Sin Ti"
- "Vuélvete La Luna" #1 Spain
- "Por Ti"
- "Vivir Asi Es Morir De Amor"
- "Tanto Cielo Perdido" #16 Chile
- "No Me Interesa"
Charts and sales
|European Top 100||36|
- Shaila Dúrcal, Billboard en Español, billboardenespanol.com; accessed 19 August 2014.
- Dúrcal profile (translate Spanish to English), spanishprofessors.com; accessed 19 August 2014.
- Official Website
- Official Spain Website
- Acceso Total Performance, soundcheck.walmart.com; accessed 19 August 2014.