Setia Alam is a new township located in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. It is accessible via Setia Alam Highway from the New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE) since the interchange was opened on 14 July 2006. Setia Alam is also accessible from the Federal Highway and Klang via Jalan Meru. This township is developed by SP Setia Berhad Group.
Setia Alam is an integrated development spanning over 4,000 acres (16 km2) of land. It falls under the jurisdiction of the Shah Alam City Council (MBSA) which had placed restrictions on the establishment of entertainment outlets such as pubs, discos and lottery business.
This RM 20 billion township was launched in 2004 by SP Setia Berhad. It was formerly known as North Hummock Estate, which was owned by the family-controlled See Hoy Chan Group. However, instead of developing the land themselves, the group sold the land to SP Setia.
The project consists of a few major developments marketed as Setia Alam (a 2,525-acre integrated township with mixed residential and commercial development), Setia Eco Park (791 acres of fully gated and guarded luxury semi-dee and bungalow development and is Malaysia's first eco township), Setia City (a 240-acre integrated green city centre development), Alam Nusantara by PKNS and Anjung Sari by Sazean Group. Both Alam Nusantara's and Anjung Sari's lands (totaling about 600 acres) were sold by SP Setia to PKNS as parts of SP Setia's strategies to develop the bigger Setia Alam development. SP Setia's Setia Alam and Setia Eco Park townships have won a number of awards locally and internationally, including the World's Best Master Plan Development for Setia Eco Park in FIABCI International Prix d'Excellence Award 2007 held in Barcelona, Spain. In 2013, Setia Alam won the World's Best Master Plan Development in FIABCI, held in Taichung, Taiwan.
Since 2009, Setia Alam and Setia Eco Park have become one of the most sought after residential townships in the Klang Valley. The properties' price have appreciated and comparable to areas such like Damansara, Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur.
Despite its award-winning developer and concepts, Setia Alam is also known to suffer from soil settlement. Houses in older phases are reported to be affected by the soil settlement. Walls were cracked and leaning by more than 15 degrees. The developer took responsibility by re-building the walls out of goodwill.
The residential development in Setia Alam was marketed with the following features:
- Single entry to every neighbourhood to facilitate vehicle entry
- North-South oriented units
- Village green and Green fingers
- Wide roads (internal roads are 50 feet (15 m) wide)
- Natural barriers - plants and water bodies for security.
- Environment-friendly development - MASMA (Manual Saliran Mesra Alam Malaysia) requirements
- Concealed underground electric cables and drainage
- Built-in security alarm system connected to a local CMS and Internet broadband access.
- 36 months home warranty.
- Industrial-free zone development.
The current development and launches are focused on Precincts 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15 and 17.
Precinct 1, Setia City (Setia Dagang)
The heart of Setia Alam, it is a 240 acres green commercial centre which will house a regional mall, a convention centre, a city park, corporate towers, SOFOs, condominiums, serviced apartments, hotels, a medical centre, a police station, a transportation hub and others.
Precinct 2 (Setia Duta), Precinct 3 (Setia Nusantara) and Precinct 5 (Setia Tropika)
These 3 preincts are luxury residential enclaves in Setia Eco Park.
Precinct 6 (Setia Damai)
Precinct 6 consists of residential development with a gated and guarded facilities. Also known as Setia Damai, the area is the highest point in entire Setia Alam township.
Precinct 7 (Setia Indah)
Precinct 7 is between Precinct 6 and 8. Precinct 7 consists of mixed residential development. The Setia Alam Welcome Centre, which hosts the show units, sales office, and customer service center and the Eramas 7 commercial centre are located here.
Precinct 8 (Setia Impian)
Precinct 8 is on south west of Setia Alam, located near commercial developments such as Tesco, Setia Eramas 8, Setia Alam Club and Setia Avenue. Klang Valley's first Starbucks stand-alone building and a few fast food chains such like KFC, Pizza Hut and Burger King drive thru cum restaurants are also located here.
Precinct 9 (Setia Murni)
Precinct 9, located in the west of Setia Alam, consists of a low-cost apartment housing scheme,namely Seroja Apartment. Other than this residential scheme, most of the elements built in Precinct 9 are commercial and educational hub. Setia Alam Auto City consists of a several popular automobile brands as 3S/4S stand-alone centres, which include BMW, Honda and Toyota, and several other brands in the future. For the educational front, the Pin Hwa Chinese School, Setia Badminton Academy and the proposed Segi International and Private Schools are located here. The upcoming RM1 billion 1 National Institute Of Health or known as 1NIH is being built on a 55.33 acres of land in Precinct 9.
Precinct 11 (Setia Utama)
Mass housing development consisting of terraced houses, Setia Taipan 2 commercial centre and a proposed stand-alone McDonalds' are to be built here. Wetland Park is also located in Precinct 11.
Precinct 15 (Setia Gemilang)
The only Precinct in Setia Alam to consist of only high-rises residential properties. The 'Seri' series medium cost apartments and Rumah Selangorku apartment housing scheme are located here, besides the Setia Taipan commercial centre.
Precinct 17 (Setia Permai)
In this Precinct, mass housing development to consist of terraced houses, a low-cost housing scheme and Rumah Selangorku apartment housing scheme. A proposed public library, a Pasar Muhibbah, a post office, a bus depot are in the pipeline for this Precinct.
- Tenby Private and International Schools
- The Peninsula School (Australia) (in progress)
- SJK (C) Pin Hwa 1 (Chinese Primary School)
- SJK (Tamil) North Hummock
- SRK Bandar Setia Alam
- SMK Bandar Setia Alam
- Setia Badminton Academy
- Idrissi International School
- Setia Eramas 7
- Setia Eramas 8
- Setia Alam Club
- Setia Avenue
- Setia Taipan
- Setia Taipan 2
- Seria 88
- Setia City (in progress)
- Setia City Convention Centre
- Setia City Convention Centre 2, Setia City
- Setia City Arts And Design Centre, Setia City (coming soon)
- Sunsuria 7th Avenue, Setia City
- Sunsuria The Forum, Setia City (in progress)
- Trefoil SOFO, Setia City
- Setia City Residence (Serviced Apartment), Setia City (in progress)
- SP Setia Corporate HQ Tower, Setia City
- Top Glove Tower, Setia City
- Top Glove Tower 2, Setia City (coming soon)
- Khind HQ Tower, Setia City (coming soon)
- BrickDotCom HQ Tower, Setia City (coming soon)
- Kossan HQ Tower, Setia City (coming soon)
- 1National Institutes Of Health or 1NIH (in progress)
- Audi 3S Centre, Setia City (coming soon)
- Honda 3S Centre
- Toyota 3S Centre
- BMW 4S Centre
- Setia Alam Pasar Malam (the record-breaking longest pasar malam in Malaysia)
- Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam
- SP Setia's Setiahomes
- Setia Alam - Top Property Developer in Klang Valley
- Majlis Perwakilan Penduduk Zon 21, Setia Alam
- Setia Alam residents' forum @ SARA forum
- Setia Alam community website & business listing
- My SEN Learning Resources, Setia Alam
- Setia Alam Business Directory, Setia Alam
- Shah Alam travel guide from Wikivoyage