Selections from Lerner and Loewe's...
|Selections from Lerner and Loewe's...|
|Studio album by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers|
March 13, 1957|
Webster Hall, New York City
|Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers chronology|
Selections from Lerner and Loewe's... is an album by drummer Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers recorded in 1957 and released on the RCA Victor subsidiary label Vik. The album features jazz interpretations of show tunes from Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe's musicals My Fair Lady, Brigadoon and Paint Your Wagon.
Allmusic awarded the album 4 stars stating "One of the rarest of all Art Blakey records... Despite some of the musicians' unfamiliarity with the songs, this date is quite successful".
All compositions by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe
- "I Could Have Danced All Night" - 4:16
- "On the Street Where You Live" - 9:02
- "There But for You Go I" - 4:34
- "They Call the Wind Maria" - 4:56
- "I Talk to the Trees" - 8:58
- "Almost Like Being in Love" - 4:50
- Art Blakey - drums
- Bill Hardman - trumpet
- Johnny Griffin - tenor saxophone
- Sam Dockery - piano
- Spanky DeBrest - bass