Salas at the 2012 Tour of California
|Full name||Sebastian Salas|
October 2, 1986|
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|Current team||Rally Cycling|
|2012–||Optum–Kelly Benefit Strategies|
Infobox last updated on|
22 December 2013
Sebastian Salas (born October 2, 1986) is a Canadian professional road racing cyclist who started his career in 2011 with Team Exergy. He switched to Optum–Kelly Benefit Strategies the following year. He distinguished himself in the 2012 Tour of California by winning the King of the Mountains competition, which he led from the third stage until the end of the eight stage race. Starting in 2014, Salas served a two-year doping violation ban issued by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport for missing a 2013 in-competition doping test.
- Weislo, Laura (20 May 2012). "Gesink seals overall victory in Tour of California". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Salas suspended two years for tampering with doping control - VeloNews.com". VeloNews.com. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Salas handed two-year ban for tampering with doping control | Cyclingnews.com". Cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- Sebastian Salas profile at Cycling Archives
- Cyclingbase profile for Sebastian Salas
- Official website