|Comune di Savignone|
Location of Savignone in Italy
|Coordinates: 44°34′N 8°59′E / 44.567°N 8.983°ECoordinates: 44°34′N 8°59′E / 44.567°N 8.983°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Genoa (GE)|
|Frazioni||Isorelle, San Bartolomeo, Gabbie, Montemaggio, Ponte Vaccarezza, Sorrivi|
|• Mayor||Antonio Bigotti|
|• Total||21.8 km2 (8.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||500 m (1,600 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2011)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Augustine|
|Saint day||August 28|
The area of Savignone was settled probably in the Iron Age. In the Middle Ages it was a fief of Tortona, and in 1242 it was acquired by the Republic of Genoa which entrusted it to the Spinola family. Later it was under the Fieschi, who sold it back to Genoa in 1636. From 1815 it was part of the Kingdom of Sardinia, belonging to Italy from 1861.
- Fieschi castle (13th century)
- Palazzo Fieschi (16th century)
- Parish church of St. Bartholomew, housing two canvasses by Luca Cambiaso.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.