|SU-14 heavy self-propelled gun|
Prototype SU-14 during trials in 1934
|Place of origin||Soviet Union|
|Number built||2 prototypes|
|Crew||7 or 8|
|Armor||50 mm front, 30 mm side|
|152 mm gun (U-30 or BR-2)|
|2 DT machine guns|
The SU-14 was a prototype Soviet heavy self-propelled gun built on a T-35 chassis. The original prototype mounted a 203 mm howitzer M1931 (B-4); the SU-14-1 variant of 1936 carried a 152 mm gun M1935 (Br-2) which could fire 48.9 kilogram shells at ranges up to 25 km. Its armour was 20 to 30mm thick. It never entered serial production.
Work on the vehicle began in 1933, with a prototype built a year later. In 1935, several disadvantages were reworked and another prototype was built and designated SU-14-1. In February 1937, the prototypes successfully completed a series of performance tests. It was expected to go into production the following year. However, in 1937, Chief Designer - PN Siaczyntowa was removed from the program, thus halting further development of the project.
In 1940, in connection with plans to use them during the war with Finland, armor was added to the two existing prototypes and they were redesignated SU-14-2. They later took part in the defense of Moscow in 1941 alongside the prototype SU-100Y. The first one (the original SU-14 prototype) was scrapped in 1960. The second prototype, as an SU-14-2, is on display at the Tank Museum in Kubinka.
SU-14 before the firing test, 1934
SU-14 with gun covered, in trial for navigation, 1934
SU-14 in the courtyard of the factory No 185, 1934
Prototype of SU-14-1 in trial, 1936
Enhanced armoured SU-14-Br-2 in trial at Kubinka, 1940
Self-propelled gun SU-14-2 armored museum in Kubinka 01
Self-propelled gun SU-14-2 armored museum in Kubinka 02
Self-propelled gun SU-14-2 armored museum in Kubinka 03
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SU-14.|