Randle with the New York Giants in 2012
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||May 7, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Bastrop, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Bastrop (LA)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Rueben Jacob Randle (born May 7, 1991) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round of the 2012 NFL draft. He played college football at Louisiana State University (LSU).
High school career
Randle attended Bastrop High School in Bastrop, Louisiana, where he played both wide receiver and quarterback in his senior year due to the graduation of quarterback Randall Mackey. That year, Randle connected on 166 of 274 passes (60.6 completion percentage) for 2,442 yards and 20 touchdowns, while also rushing for a team-high 680 yards and 12 more scores.
His sophomore year, when Bastrop won the state championship, Randle had 14 catches for 433 yards and seven touchdowns. As a junior, Randle had 55 receptions for 1,058 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning him a Class 4A All-Louisiana designation. Randle earned All-American honors by Parade, USA Today, and SuperPrep, and was a participant in the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
As one of the top-rated prospects in the nation, Randle was a consensus five-star prospect by all major recruiting services. Randle was considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, as well as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect and the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation. Randle had numerous scholarship offers, but on February 4, 2009 (National Signing Day), he committed to Louisiana State via letter of intent. He also considered Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Miami.
|“||Randle is an athlete that is a cross between A. J. Green and Julio Jones. He should have a similar impact at the next level.||”|
|— Daniel Montoya, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com.|
2012 NFL Draft
Following Louisiana State University's loss in the 2011 National Championship game vs. Alabama, Randle announced his intention to enter the upcoming NFL draft.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||210 lb||4.43 s||1.52 s||2.57 s||4.36 s||6.99 s||31 in||10 ft 1 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
New York Giants
|“||Randle is going to have a great opportunity. He's blessed with talent, and he goes to a great organization.||”|
|— Mike Mayock, former NFL safety and current NFL Network analyst|
He has totaled 131 receptions for 1847 yards and 12 touchdowns with a 14.1 average in his first three years with the Giants.
On March 23, 2016, Randle signed a one-year contract worth roughly $3 million with the Philadelphia Eagles. He was released on August 28.
- Mitcham, Marq (January 8, 2009), "Randle named first-team All-American", Bastrop Daily Enterprise
- Varney, James (August 9, 2009), "Heralded LSU freshmen should get an opportunity, Coach Les Miles says, with video and photo gallery", The Times-Picayune
- Rivals.com wide receivers 2009, January 20, 2009
- Rivals.com Rivals100 2009, January 28, 2009
- Evans, Thayer (January 2, 2009), "Rueben Randle, Prospect at Receiver, Has Open Future", New York Times
- Munsterteiger, Adam (December 28, 2008), "Randle enjoys new No. 1 status", Rivals.com
- *Rueben Randle | Louisiana State, WR : 2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
- Castillo, Jorge (May 11, 2012), Giants sign second-round choice Rueben Randle; only one draft pick remains unsigned
- Wesseling, Chris (March 23, 2016). "Eagles signing former Giants WR Rueben Randle". NFL.com. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (August 28, 2016). "Eagles release Rueben Randle, Chris Givens". NFL.com. Retrieved August 28, 2016.