Rubber City Rollergirls
|Metro area||Akron, OH|
Tire Iron Maidens (A team)|
Hot Rod Dollies (B team)
|Venue||John S. Knight Center|
Rubber City played its first bout, at the John S. Knight Center, in April 2009. The league was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in January 2010, and instituted its B team later in the year. By 2011, it had forty skaters, and was claiming crowds of 1,000 fans.
In November 2016, Rubber City and NEO Roller Derby, also of Akron, announced on their social media pages, in a statement confirmed by a new, mutual website, that the leagues had merged to become Akron Roller Derby.
- Bill Lilley, "New era to begin at Knight Center", Akron Beacon-Journal, November 3, 2008
- "Apprentice Leagues", WFTDA [version of 23 March 2010]
- Sean Patrick, "Rubber City Rollergirls growing in numbers", West Side Leader, June 24, 2010
- Kim Hone-McMahan, "Voices champion roller derby feats", Akron Beacon-Journal, April 7, 2011
- "Apprentice Leagues Archived November 16, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.", WFTDA [retrieved 27 February 2013]
- "WFTDA Welcomes New Member, Apprentice Leagues". WFTDA. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Joining Forces". Akron Roller Derby. Retrieved 23 November 2016.