McAuliffe in 2011
|Member of the Washington Senate|
from the 1st legislative district
Assumed office |
January 11, 1993
|Preceded by||Patty Murray|
|Northshore School District Director, District No. 3|
Rosemary Ann Belmont|
August 1, 1940
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||James Michael McAuliffe|
|Alma mater||Seattle University (B.S.)|
Small business owner
Rosemary Ann McAuliffe (née Belmont; August 1, 1940) is a Democratic politician, elected as the Washington State Senator for the 1st District in 1992, beginning her term in 1993. Preceding her election to the State Senate, McAuliffe served 14 years on the Northshore School District Board of Education and as Chair of the Bothell Downtown Management Association, leading to the area's revitilization. This district includes Bothell, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Maltby and parts of Lynnwood, Edmonds, and unincorporated Snohomish County. She serves on the Washington State Senate's Early Learning & K-12 Education Committee as a ranking member, as well as on the Higher Learning Committee and Joint Select Committee on Education Accountability.
- "Senator Rosemary McAuliffe's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved 18 Oct 2013.
- "School Board Seats Available". seattletimes.nwsource.com. July 22, 1991. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Education, Health Care At Issue -- 1st District Senate Candidates Agree On Problems, Differ On Solutions". seattletimes.nwsource.com. September 8, 1992. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "2012 Final Plan adopted by the Commission and amended by the Legislature on February 7, 2012". Retrieved 18 Oct 2013.
- State Senator Rosemary McAuliffe official government website
- Follow the Money - Rosemary McAuliffe
- Senator Rosemary McAuliffe from the Senate Democratic Caucus