Aguayo with FSU in 2014
|No. 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||May 17, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Mascotte, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||203 lb (92 kg)|
|High school:||Groveland (FL) South Lake|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2016|
Roberto Aguayo (born May 17, 1994) is an American football kicker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Florida State University, where he was the most accurate kicker in Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history and third in NCAA history. He was drafted in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Aguayo red-shirted for the 2012 football season, his first season at Florida State. Aguayo led the ACC in points with 157 and field goals made with 21 in the 2013 season. On December 12, 2013, Aguayo won the 2013 Lou Groza Award. Aguayo led the ACC in field goals made with 27 in the 2014 season. Aguayo announced his intention to forgo his senior season on January 6, 2016, to enter the 2016 NFL draft. In his three years with Florida State, he successfully connected with 69 of 78 field goal attempts. He also successfully connected on all 198 of his extra point attempts.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded with the Kansas City Chiefs for the 59th overall pick in the 2nd round 2016 NFL Draft, a pick they used on Aguayo. He was the first kicker selected in the second round since Mike Nugent was drafted 47th overall in the 2005 NFL Draft. On June 7, 2016, Aguayo signed his rookie contract. In Week 11, Aguayo went 4-for-4 on field goals and was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
Aguayo's younger brother, Ricky Aguayo, took over place kicking duties for Florida State in 2016. Ricky made his first six career field goals on September 5 against Ole Miss in Orlando, Florida including a 44 yard FG.
- "Roberto Aguayo". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (April 29, 2016). "Buccaneers trade up to take kicker Roberto Aguayo". NFL.com. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- McGuire, Kevin (December 12, 2013). "Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo wins Lou Groza Award". nbcsports.com.
- "Buccaneers Sign K Roberto Aguayo". Tampa Bay Buccaneers. June 7, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Lam, Quang M. (November 23, 2016). "Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins among Players of Week". NFL.com.
- tomahawknation.com. "Ricky Aguayo has opportunity his brother did not". Retrieved January 17, 2016.