Robert Sassone (cyclist)
Robert Sassone in 2001
23 November 1978|
Nouméa, New Caledonia
|Died||21 January 2016 37)(aged|
Robert Sassone (23 November 1978 – 21 January 2016) was a French racing cyclist. He had cancer and took his own life.
He rode in the men's Madison at the 2000 Summer Olympics. He also rode in the 2002 Vuelta a España, finishing in 129th place. He was banned from cycling for two years in 2004, after testing positive for betamethasone during the Six Days of Nouméa race in New Caledonia.
- Robert Sassone (ex-Cofidis) est mort (French)
- "Former Cofidis rider Robert Sassone dies aged 37". Cycling Weekly. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Robert Sassone". Sports Reference. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Former Cofidis rider Robert Sassone dies aged 37". Cycling News. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Retired French pro Robert Sassone dead at 37". Velo News. Retrieved 22 January 2016.