Riri Williams on the variant cover of Invincible Iron Man Vol. 3 #1. Art by Jeff Dekal.
|First appearance||Invincible Iron Man Vol. 7 #7 (May, 2016)|
Brian Michael Bendis|
|Place of origin||Earth|
Skilled inventor and engineer|
Riri Williams made her first appearance in The Invincible Iron Man Vol. 2 #10 (cover dated May 2016) as part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel and was created by Brian Michael Bendis and designed by Stefano Caselli. Her first appearance was in Invincible Iron Man volume 7 #7, written by Bendis and drawn by Mike Deodato.
Fictional character biography
Riri Williams is a 15-year-old engineering student who is the daughter of the late Riri Williams Sr. Following Riri Williams Sr.'s death, Riri lived with her mother and Riri Williams Sr.'s sister Sharon. She started attending the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on scholarship. Working alone, Riri designs a suit of armor similar to the Iron Man armor using material stolen from campus. When campus security knocks at her door, she dons the suit and escapes.
Upon returning to her mother's house, Riri continued to work on improving the suit much to the dismay of her mother. Tony Stark heard of Riri's accomplishment and went to go meet her. During their meeting, Tony Stark states to Riri that he will endorse her decision to be a superhero.
Powers and abilities
Riri Williams has genius-level intellect by the time she was 15 years old. She is also a skilled inventor and engineer.
- Dockterman, Eliana (July 6, 2016). "Exclusive: Marvel’s New Iron Man Is a Black Woman". Time. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Johnston, Rich (July 10, 2016), "Invincible Iron Man #7 Hits $49 For First Riri Williams," Bleeding Cool. Retrieved August 30, 2016
- Bien-Khan, Joseph (August 22, 2016). "Exclusive: Marvel's New Iron Man Will Be Known as … Ironheart!". Wired. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Invincible Iron Man Vol. 7 #12
- Invincible Iron Man Vol. 7 #7
- Invincible Iron Man Vol. 7 #11