John Richard Easton|
March 22, 1933
Montréal, Québec, Canada
John Richard Easton (born March 22, 1933) is a Canadian actor. He is best known for his portrayal of Brian Hammond in the 1970s BBC serial The Brothers.
Easton was born in Montréal, Québec, Canada, the son of Mary Louise (née Withington) and Leonard Idell Easton, a civil engineer. He started acting in a children's theatre group before moving, at the age of seventeen, to Ottawa to work in a weekly repertory theater.
Easton underwent a procedure to correct a heart arrhythmia in 2006, briefly delaying the opening of Tom Stoppard's The Coast of Utopia, in which he plays a central role. In 2002, Easton starred in the title role in a three-part documentary, Benjamin Franklin, on PBS. Between 2005 and 2011, Easton appeared as Benjamin Franklin in a series of commercials and videos about Freemasonry, produced for the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts A.F. & A.M.
In 2008, Easton was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame.
|1989||Henry V||Constable Charles Delabreth|
|1991||Dead Again||Father Timothy|
|2000||Finding Forrester||Prof. Matthews|
|2005||Stealing Martin Lane||Ed|
|2005||It's About Time||Mr. Dawson|
|2008||Revolutionary Road||Mr. Givings|
|1959||Play of the Week||Beliaev||(1 episode)|
|1960||The DuPont Show of the Month||(1 episode)|
|1963||No Hiding Place||Simon McCowen||(1 episode)|
|1982||Doctor Who||Captain Stapley||Episode: Time-Flight|
|2004||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Richard Sutton||Episode: "Bound"|
|2011||Boardwalk Empire||Jackson Parkhurst||Episode: "Gimcrack & Bunkum|
- Hamlet - Claudius (1969 Lyceum Theatre production)
- The Invention of Love - A. E. Housman, aged 77 (2001)
- Noises Off - Selsdon Mowbray (2001 Royal National Theatre production)
- Henry IV, Parts 1 and 2 - Henry IV (2003 Lincoln Center production)
- The Coast of Utopia - Alexander Bakunin/Leonty Ibayev/Stanislaw Worcell (2006 Lincoln Center production)
- Elling - Alfons (2010 Broadway production)
|2001||Tony Award||Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play||The Invention of Love||Won|
|2001||Drama Desk Award||Outstanding Actor in a Play||Won|
- "The Coast Is Clear: Stoppard's Utopia Opens on Broadway". Playbill. 27 November 2006. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "Hamlisch, Lane, Birch, Tunick and Azenberg Among Theater Hall of Fame Inductees". www.playbill.com.