Redwing (Marvel Comics)
Captain America #117|
Stan Lee (writer)|
Gene Colan (artist)
|Abilities||Telepathic link with Sam Wilson|
Redwing is a fictional bird appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Primarily a supporting character of Falcon, the character exists within Marvel's main shared universe, known as the Marvel Universe.
Powers and abilities
In his earliest appearances Redwing exhibits a close bond with Sam Wilson, which is confirmed as being a telepathic link by Professor X in Captain America #174 . The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing. Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."
In other media
- Redwing appears alongside Falcon in The Avengers: United They Stand.He is voiced by Frank Welker.
- Redwing appears in The Super Hero Squad Show with his vocal effects provided by Steven Blum.
- In Avengers Assemble, Redwing is the name of Falcon's flight pack.
- Englehart, Steve. Captain America #186. Marvel Comics, 1975
- Johns, Geoff. Avengers vol. 3 #60. Marvel Comics, 2003
- "Marvel Super Hero Squad Voice Cast". Comics Continuum. 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- (May 8, 2016), "Captain America Civil War: The Falcon and Red Wing Explained," ComicBook.com. Retrieved October 21, 2016