Vaughn at the 2014 McDonald's All-American Game
|No. 20 – Milwaukee Bucks|
August 16, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||202 lb (92 kg)|
(New Hope, Minnesota)
|NBA draft||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17th overall|
|Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Rashad DeAndre Vaughn (born August 16, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the UNLV Runnin' Rebels.
High school career
For the first three years of his high school career, Vaughn attended Robbinsdale Cooper High School in New Hope, Minnesota. As a junior in 2012–13, he averaged 28 points and nine rebounds per game. For his senior year, he transferred to Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada where he averaged 19.9 points and 4.9 assists per game in 2013–14. He subsequently earned McDonald's All-American honors and Jordan Brand Classic selection.
After considering offers from Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, Vaughn finally committed to UNLV. Vaughn played one season of college basketball for UNLV where he was named the Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year after averaging 17.8 points and 4.8 rebounds in 23 games.
Milwaukee Bucks (2015–present)
On June 25, 2015, Vaughn was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 17th overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft. He later joined the Bucks for the 2015 NBA Summer League and signed his rookie scale contract with the team on July 17. He made his debut for the Bucks in the team's season opener against the New York Knicks on October 28, scoring 10 points off the bench in a 122–97 loss. On March 18, 2016, pursuant to the flexible assignment rule, he was assigned to the Canton Charge, the Cleveland Cavaliers' D-League affiliate. On March 26, he was recalled by the Bucks.
On October 29, 2016, Vaughn scored a career-high 22 points and hit six three-pointers in a 110–108 win over the Brooklyn Nets. On November 19, pursuant to the flexible assignment rule, he was assigned to the Westchester Knicks and was recalled four days later. On November 26, he was reassigned to Westchester and recalled on December 1.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Rashad Vaughn Bio". UNLVRebels.com. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Payne, Terrence (February 11, 2014). "Five-star shooting guard Rashad Vaughn commits to UNLV". NBC Sports. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Borzello, Jeff (February 11, 2014). "Top recruit Rashad Vaughn chooses UNLV over Iowa State". CBS Sports. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- "Rashad Vaughn Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "MOUNTAIN WEST ANNOUNCES 2014-15 MEN'S BASKETBALL ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM". TheMW.com. March 11, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT RASHAD VAUGHN". NBA.com. June 26, 2015. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "BUCKS ANNOUNCE 2015 SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER". NBA.com. July 1, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "BUCKS SIGN FIRST ROUND PICK RASHAD VAUGHN". NBA.com. July 17, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- "Williams scores 24, Knicks beat Bucks 122-97 in opener". NBA.com. October 28, 2015. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- "BUCKS ASSIGN RASHAD VAUGHN TO CANTON CHARGE". NBA.com. March 18, 2016. Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- "BUCKS RECALL RASHAD VAUGHN FROM CANTON CHARGE". NBA.com. March 26, 2016. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "Henson's tip-in at buzzer leads Bucks past Nets". ESPN.com. October 29, 2016. Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- "BUCKS ASSIGN RASHAD VAUGHN TO THE WESTCHESTER KNICKS". NBA.com. November 19, 2016. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- "BUCKS RECALL RASHAD VAUGHN FROM WESTCHESTER KNICKS". NBA.com. November 23, 2016. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "BUCKS ASSIGN RASHAD VAUGHN TO WESTCHESTER KNICKS". NBA.com. November 26, 2016. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "BUCKS RECALL RASHAD VAUGHN FROM WESTCHESTER KNICKS". NBA.com. December 1, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rashad Vaughn.|