Raise 'Em Up
|"Raise 'Em Up"|
|Single by Keith Urban featuring Eric Church|
|from the album Fuse|
|Released||26 January 2015|
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
"Raise 'Em Up" is a song written by Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston and Jeffrey Steele and recorded by Australian country music singer Keith Urban as a duet with American country music singer Eric Church. It was released in January 2015 as the fifth international single, sixth overall and final single from Urban's 2013 album Fuse.
According to Urban, when he sent a demo to Church with the intent of having him serve as a duet partner on it, Church asked, "How do you write a song as good as that?" and Urban replied that he did not write the song. Regarding his own reaction to hearing the demo, Urban said that "I was floored" and added, "There’s so much imagery in the song and it’s written in such a way that you can fill in all the blanks. I love that kind of style of songwriting".
The song is a mid-tempo country song speaking about various objects being "raise[d]" up, such as lighters at a concert, "raising one's voice", and raising children.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country reviewed the single favorably, saying that "In barely three minutes, Urban’s new single from ‘Fuse’ goes from a wild weekend to raising kids, all while hinting at the preciousness of time. Rarely is so much said in so little time with so much efficiency and emotion."
- Nathan Chapman — programming, bass guitar, keyboards, background vocals
- Eric Church — lead vocals
- Keith Urban — all vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||47|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||56|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||44|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||55|
by Zac Brown Band
|Billboard Canada Country
May 2–23, 2015
| Succeeded by|
"Sippin' on Fire"
by Florida Georgia Line
"Say You Do"
by Dierks Bentley
|Billboard Country Airplay
May 23, 2015
| Succeeded by|
"A Guy Walks Into a Bar"
by Tyler Farr
- Newman, Melinda (29 January 2015). "Behind the Song: Keith Urban's "Raise 'Em Up" With Eric Church". Country Weekly. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Dukes, Billy (15 January 2015). "Keith Urban (Feat. Eric Church), 'Raise 'Em Up' – ToC Critic's Pick Read More: Keith Urban (Feat. Eric Church), 'Raise 'Em Up'". Taste of Country. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Keith Urban | Raise 'Em Up | VEVO – Yahoo Screen". Yahoo! Screen. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- Fuse (Deluxe Edition) (CD booklet). Keith Urban. Capitol Records Nashville/Hit Red Records. 2013. B0019113-02.
- Matt Bjorke (June 3, 2015). "Country Music's Top 30 Digital Singles: Week of June 3, 2015". Roughstock. Sales figure given here
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Canada Country for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Country Airplay for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Urban.
- "Best of 2015: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Best of 2015: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.