|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Primelocation is a UK property portal owned by Zoopla that lists upmarket properties in the UK and abroad. It was founded in 2001 by a group of 200 UK estate agents. It accepts property listings only from estate agents, letting agents and property developers. Its main rival is Rightmove.
PrimeLocation primarily addresses the upper and middle property markets. The website lists properties from over 16,000 estate agent branches, including high-end estate agents such as Knight Frank, Hamptons International and Strutt & Parker.
Nominations were accepted in four categories: best blog, best blog post, best newcomer and users’ favourite. Winners of “the users’ favourite” category were determined by a public vote, whereas the remaining three winners were chosen by judges.
In January 2006, Primelocation.com was purchased for £48m by the Daily Mail and General Trust and was part of the property portfolio of Associated Northcliffe Digital, the group’s digital consumer division alongside FindaProperty.com. In 2011, DMGT merged its Digital Property Group with Zoopla, aiming to challenge Rightmove. DMGT owns 55% of the new company.
- "About us". PrimeLocation. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Intellitracker, May 2010
- Primelocation blog awards
- Daily Mail buys property website
- Lepitak, S. "DMGT to merge Digital Property Group with Zoopla in challenge to Rightmove". The Drum. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Primelocation website
- Zoopla Property Group
- Property Statistics - UK Housing Report
- Daily Mail & General Trust website