Prana Krushna Parija
|Prana Krushna Parija|
1 April 1891|
Balikuda, Jagatsinghpur, Bengal Presidency, British India
(now Odisha, India)
|Died||2 June 1978 87)(aged|
Ravenshaw University |
Banaras Hindu University
Presidency University, Kolkata
University of Cambridge
Padma Bhushan (1955)|
Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE; 1944)
|Member: 1st Odisha Legislative Assembly|
Prana Krushna Parija OBE (1 April 1891 - 2 June 1978) at Balikuda, Jagatsinghpur, Odisha. He was a Botanist, academician and former Vice chancellor of Utkal University. He worked as a principal in Ravenshaw University (formerly Ravenshaw College), CuttackPro Vice-Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi and Vice-Chancellor of Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. The "Parija Library" of the university is named after him. He was working as a scientist for agricultural development in Orissa. He was an elected member of the Odisha Legislative Assembly.
Awards and recognitions
- Fearnsides Scholarship (1918), Trinity College, Cambridge, a scholarship to encourage clinical research in the field of organic diseases of the nervous system.
- Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), 1944 New Year Honours
- Padma Bhushan, 1955
- 1948-1981. Universities Press. 2003. pp. 812–. ISBN 978-81-7371-433-7. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Directory of Eminent Personalities of the District". jagatsinghpur.nic.in. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
Dr. Pranakrushna Parija Balikuda
- Balikuda locals remember son of the soil Dr Parija
- K. M. George; Sāhitya Akādemī (1992). Modern Indian Literature, an Anthology. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 319–. ISBN 978-81-7201-324-0. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Vanivihar Homepage
- Harish Chandra Das; State Level Vyasakabi Fakir Mohan Smruti Samsad (2003). The cultural heritage of Khurda. State Level Vyasakabi Fakir Mohan Smruti Samsad. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Indian Science Congress Association (2003). The Shaping of Indian Science: 1948-1981. Universities Press. p. 812. ISBN 9788173714337. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Lakshmikanta Mahapatra (1988). Songs of the soul. Kantakabi Centenary Celebration Committee. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- P.G. Rama Rao. "Among celebrities". The Telegraph. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- Careers digest. 1978. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- List of members of OLA, 1951-2004
- The historical register. Supplement. University of Cambridge; University of Cambridge. Cambridge University calendar. Supplement; University of Cambridge. Index to tripos lists, 1748–1910. Supplement. Cambridge University Press. University of Cambridge. 1911–1920
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 1943. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Padma Bhushan Awardees". Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Odisha Review (Jan 2012): Dr. Pranakrushna Parija
- Parijā, OCLC WorldCat Identities: Prāṇakr̥shṇa 1891-1978