August/September 2011 cover of Pointe
|Company||Macfadden Performing Arts Media|
|Based in||New York City|
Pointe is an international magazine aimed toward ballet dancers and students. It is published by Macfadden Performing Arts Media, acquired with the purchase of Lifestyle Media, Inc. in 2006. Pointe covers international news on company debuts, competition results, and rising stars. Pointe also offers reviews, company profiles, a calendar of events, ballet oriented shopping guides as well as guides for ballet programs, auditions, and higher education. The website offers a blog and an online store with the option to purchase back issues. Virginia Johnson was formerly Pointe's editor.
- Lifestyle Media Inc. merged with Macfadden Dance Magazine, LLC
- Kourlas, Gia (April 12, 2009). "New Leader for Harlem Dance Theater". The New York Times.
- Official website
- "Pointe: The international Magazine of Ballet." Folio
- Virginia Johnson, acclaimed ballerina and editor-in-chief of Pointe magazine, will speak about her life in the world of dance
- Danza Ballet Article Featuring Pointe