Point of No Return (World Saxophone Quartet album)
Point of No Return is the debut album by the jazz group the World Saxophone Quartet released on the Moers Music label in 1977.
The album features a live performance by Hamiet Bluiett, Julius Hemphill, Oliver Lake and David Murray recorded in June 1977 at the 6th International New Jazz Festival in Moers.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4 stars, stating: "In future years, World Saxophone Quartet would better temper their free solos with inventive writing, but this early set is pretty self-indulgent."
- "Dar el Sudan" (Hemphill) - 2:48
- "Bajou Scetches" (Bluiett) - 10:13
- "Point of No Return" (Hemphill) - 10:32
- "Sacred Sheetless" (Murray) - 24:26
- "Hymn for the Old Year" (Lake) - 3:38
- 1 2 Yanow, S. Allmusic Review, accessed August 17, 2011.
- ↑ Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 210. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.