|Micrograph of a chorangioma. H&E stain.|
|Classification and external resources|
|ICD-10||O43-O45, O73, P02.0-P02.2|
|ICD-9-CM||641.0-641.2, 667, 762.0-762.2|
A placental disease is any disease, disorder, or pathology of the placenta. The article also covers placentation abnormalities, which is often used synonymously for placental disease.
- Villitis of unknown etiology
- TORCH infections
- CMV placentitis
- Chronic deciduitis
Obstruction of os
- Fetal thrombotic vasculopathy
- Hypertrophic decidual vasculopathy
- Placental infarction
Trophoblastic neoplasms derive from trophoblastic tissue. Examples include:
- Furuya M, Ishida J, Aoki I, Fukamizu A (2008). "Pathophysiology of placentation abnormalities in pregnancy-induced hypertension". Vasc Health Risk Manag. 4 (6): 1301–13. PMC 2663465. PMID 19337544.
- Cheng MH, Wang PH (January 2009). "Placentation abnormalities in the pathophysiology of preeclampsia". Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 9 (1): 37–49. doi:10.1586/1473722.214.171.124. PMID 19099348.