|Part of a series on|
Variations exist, in which different cheeses and ingredients may be added. Some versions may also use oregano, olives and capers as ingredients, and some may omit the use of pizza sauce and substitute half of the mozzarella with Provolone cheese that is sliced or grated. Some versions may use pecorino cheese.
- Wine Enthusiast, Volume 21, Issues 1-7. Wine Enthusiast. 2007. p. 475.
- Oggi pizza! (in Italian). pp. (unlisted).
- "A List of the Most Popular Italian Pizzas". The News Channel. December 5, 2010.
- Maresca, Tom; Darrow, Diane (2000). La Tavola Italiana. Akadine Press. p. 256. ISBN 1888173394.
- Jacobson, Max (August 23, 1990). "Half-Moon Designs, Pizzas That Shine: Mezzaluna". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 8 September 2014.