Pingtung Tutorial Academy
Coordinates: 22°40′44.2″N 120°29′34.4″E / 22.678944°N 120.492889°E
The Pingtung Tutorial Academy (Chinese: 屏東書院; pinyin: Píngdōng Shūyuàn) is a former tutorial academy in Taiping Village, Pingtung City, Pingtung County, Taiwan.
The tutorial academy was built in 1815 during the Qing Dynasty rule of Taiwan by Hsiadanshui County Deputy Governor Wu Hsing-chung and scholar Guo Tsui Lin Meng in order to revive local scholastic conducts. In 1895, the tutorial academy was transformed into a Confucius Temple. However, lack of funding to repair the building led to the abandonment of the building. During the Japanese rule of Taiwan in 1937, the Japanese government planned to relocate the temple. However, due to scholars effort in calling out for historical preservation, the academy was relocated to its current site on Shengli Road. In 1977, a well-known architect directed its repair and restoration works.
The building consists of 36 dormitory rooms with its lecture hall situated at the front hall.
The building is accessible within walking distance north of Pingtung Station of Taiwan Railways Administration.