Phoenix Sports F.C.
|Full name||Phoenix Sports Football Club|
|Ground||Phoenix Sports Ground, Barnehurst|
|League||Isthmian League Division One North|
|2015–16||Isthmian League Division One North, 14th|
Phoenix Sports Football Club is an English football club located in Barnehurst, in Greater London. The club plays in the Isthmian League Division One North. Phoenix Sports spent most of its history in the Kent County Football League, with a six-year stint in the Spartan League in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The club was accepted into the newly formed Kent Invicta Football League for the inaugural 2011–12 season.
Phoenix Sports Football Club was formed in 1935 as St. Johns Welling, which later changed its name to Lakeside. After the Second World War the club was renamed Phoenix, as it was seen as rising from the ashes of the previous clubs amid the destruction of the Blitz. After entering the Sidcup League, Kent Amateur League, and the Dartford League, the club settled in the Kent County Football League Division One West, finishing runners up twice in the 1950s, and once in the 1970s. The club entered the Spartan League in 1986–87 and competed there for six seasons. They then returned to the Kent County League Division One West, winning the challenge cup in 1993–94. They won the league in 1999–2000, gaining promotion to the Premier Division, however after two relegations they ended up in Division Two West. They won Division Two West in 2004–05 and Division One West in 2007–08, regaining their Premier Division status. For the 2011–12 season the club was accepted into the Kent Invicta Football League at level 10 of the English football league system for the league's inaugural season.
In 2012, they became the inaugural runners-up of the Kent Invicta League. In the 2012–13 season, they went one better, winning the Kent Invicta League championship, gaining promotion to the Southern Counties East League.
Their Reserve team plays in Division 1 of the Southern Counties East Football League (at Step 6).
The club now plays at Phoenix Sports Ground, Mayplace Road East, Barnehurst DA7 6JT. The club originally played at Danson Park.
This ground was constructed by the club's own members on land received from the council after they were impressed by their plans. Planning permission has been awarded to the club for a stand and floodlights in order to conform with step 5 ground regulations.
- Southern Counties East Football League
- Champions 2014–15
- Kent Invicta Football League
- Champions (1): 2012–13
- Runners-up (1): 2011–12
- Kent County League Division One West
- Champions (2): 1999–2000, 2007–08
- Runners-up (3): 1953–54, 1955–56, 1975–76
- Kent County League Division Two West
- Champions (1): 2004–05
- Kent County League Division One West Challenge Cup
- Winners 1993–94
- Runners-up 1955–56
- West Kent Challenge Shield
- Winners 1995–96, 2004–05, 2007–08
- Runners-up 1996–97
- Highest League Position
- FA Cup
- Second Qualifying Round 2015–16
- FA Trophy
- FA Vase
- Fifth Round 2014–15
- Phoenix Sports official website – Contact us Accessed 20 January 2012
- Phoenix Sports official website – Our teams Accessed 20 January 2011
- PHOENIX SPORTS at the Football Club History Database
- Phoenix Sports official website – History Accessed 20 January 2012
- Kent Invicta Football League – Phoenix Sports Accessed 20 January 2012
- Kent County Football League – History Accessed 20 January 2012
- FA Full Time – Kent Invicta League 2011–12 Accessed 1 May 2012
- "Nuts & Bolts Want Two or Three Players | Pitchero Non League". Nonleague.pitchero.com. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- Kent Invicta League official website – Gallery Accessed 20 January 2012
- Kent Invicta League official website – Phoenix Sports Accessed 20 January 2012
- Non-league UK – Phoenix Sports Accessed 20 January 2012
- "The Kent Invicta Football League". Full-time.thefa.com. Retrieved 2013-05-25.