|Patrice Jean Emmanuel Bouchet de Puyraimond|
26 March 1953|
|Doctoral advisor||Lodewijk Woltjer|
Mid-Infrared Observations of Supernova SN 1987A
The extinction law in the Small Magellanic Cloud
|Influences||Observatory Bouchet du Puyraimond IAU MP4313, in Cuenca de Los Andes (Ecuador)|
Patrice Jean Emmanuel Bouchet de Puyraimond is a French astrophysicist best known for his discovery of the Rings of Neptune, his infrared observations of supernova SN 1987A in the Large Magellanic Cloud, and the dust extinction in the Small Magellanic Cloud.
- The Minor Planet MP4313 has been given his name
- An Amateur Observatory in Cuenca de Los Andes (Ecuador)] has been baptised by his name, in recognition of his support toward the Ecuadorian amateur astronomers
- Special AURA, Inc. Award for achievement of the Tip-Tilt system at the 4-m Blanco Telescope at Cerro Tololo Interamerican Observatory (National Optical Astronomical Observatories). (April 1999)
- James Webb Space Telescope Significant Achievement Award from ESA, “In recognition of extraordinary contribution to the JWST mission”. (May 2012)
- James Webb Space Telescope Significant Award from NASA, “For significant contribution to the Mid Infra-Red Instrument (MIRI) on the JWST Observatory”. (May 2012)
- James Webb Space Telescope Significant Achievement Award by the NASA JWST Project "In recognition of extraordinary dedication and contributions”. (March 2014)
- RHG Exceptional Achievement "for Engineering Team to ISIM Cryo Vacuum Test Team for the James Webb Space Telescope Integrated ScienceModule", from the Director C.J. Scolese, Goddard Space Flight Center, NASA (May 2015)
- Manfroid, J.; Haefner, R.; Bouchet, P. (1986). "New evidence for a ring around Neptune". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 157 (1): L3. Bibcode:1986A&A...157L...3M.
- Bouchet, P.; Dwek, E.; Danziger, J.; Arendt, R.G.; De Buizer, I.J.; Park, S.; Suntzeff, N.B.; Kirschner, R.B; Challis, P. (2006). "SN 1987A after 18 Years: Mid-Infrared Gemini and Spitzer Observations of the Remnant". The Astrophysical Journal. 650 (1): 212–227. arXiv:astro-ph/0601495. Bibcode:2006ApJ...650..212B. doi:10.1086/505929.
- Bouchet, P.; Lequeux, J.; Maurice, E.; Prévot, L.; Prévot-Burnichon, M.L. (1986). "The visible and infrared extinction law and the gas-to-dust ratio in the Small Magellanic Cloud". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 149 (2): 330. Bibcode:1985A&A...149..330B.
- "(4313) Bouchet". Dictionary of Minor Planet Names: 370. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-29925-7_4269.