PNS Hameed (Urdu: پایگاه بحریہ حمید) is a very low frequency (VLF) radio transmitter facility located near at the coastal areas of Karachi, Sindh. The primary mission of this naval base is to communicate orders with the submerged submarines in the Arabian sea at very low frequency. It is the first of its kind facility with very low frequency transmission capabilities, which will enable the Pakistan Navy to communicate with its submerged submarines.
It was established in 2016 and is named after in memory of Lieutenant-Commander Pervez Hameed–the first officer of PNS Ghazi which was lost in 1971. The base was inaugurated by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff General Rashad Mahmood and Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah in November 2016.
- Staff writer (16 November 2016). "Pakistan commissions new naval base with VLF transmission station". quwa.org. Quwa.org. Quwa.org. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Dawn Newspaper staff (16 November 2016). "New naval base PNS Hameed commissioned". DAWN.COM. Dawn newspapers, 2016. Dawn newspapers. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- staff writer (16 November 2016). "Pakistan Navy commissions new Naval base: PNS Hameed". Pakistan Times, 2016. Pakistan Times. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Navy commissions new base near Karachi". Pakistan Observer. Pakistan Observer. 15 November 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- staff writer (16 November 2016). "Pakistan Navy commissions new Naval Base PNS Hameed". Radio Pakistan. Radio Pakistan press release. Radio Pakistan. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Staff correspondent (16 November 2016). "نیول بیس پی این ایس حمید کی کمیشننگ تقریب،نیول چیف کی شرکت: Samaa Urdu News". Samaa TV. Samaa TV press. Samaa TV. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Navy NHQ Press release" (PDF). Navy ISPR. Retrieved 18 November 2016.