|Industry||Fast casual restaurant chain|
|Founded||Tampa, Florida in 2011|
|Headquarters||Tampa, Florida, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas|
|Products||Chicken tenders, chicken and turkey sandwiches, salads, home fries, shakes and cookies|
|Services||Eat-in and take-out|
PDQ is a fast casual chain of chicken restaurants based in Tampa, Florida. During the time of its conception, its initials initially stood for "pretty damn quick", but this was later changed to "people dedicated to quality". Its first store opened in Tampa, Florida in 2011. It was founded by Bob Basham, a former Outback Steakhouse founder, and Nick Reader, CEO of MVP Holdings. PDQ has 55 locations in eight U.S. states. According to Basham, each store "averages about $3 million in annual sales".
Fare and operations
PDQ has a simple menu that consists of chicken tenders, chicken and turkey sandwiches, salads, home fries, shakes and cookies. Its operations have been compared and stated as similar to how In-N-Out Burger restaurants operate. PDQ foods are prepared fresh, on site and when ordered, as opposed to being prepared in advance. Per everything being prepared fresh, PDQ restaurants do not have freezers. PDQ restaurants with drive-through windows do not have intercoms. Rather, an employee is present in the drive-through area to take customer orders.
- Snel, Alan (March 12, 2015). "PDQ is opening a restaurant in North Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- Mills, Gary (November 5, 2013). "PDQ co-founder on restaurant's concept, new Jacksonville location". jacksonville.com. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- Snel, Alan (Sep 23, 2011). "Outback co-founder launches quick-service chicken concept". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Reiser, Emon (November 7, 2014). "PDQ to open first Miami restaurant". South Florida Business Journal. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- Osborne, John (January 29, 2015). "Tampa-based PDQ restaurant chain begins Southwest Florida expansion". Naples Daily News. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- "Find a Location". Captiva MVP Restaurant Partners, LLC. Retrieved October 25, 2016.
- Valverde, Miriam (October 8, 2013). "PDQ restaurant chain pushes S. Florida expansion". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- Murphy, Marlee (April 7, 2014). "PDQ: Not Your Typical Chicken Concept". QSR magazine. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
- Janjigian, Robert (April 7, 2013). "New restaurant puts Outback co-founder back in the culinary spotlight". Palm Beach Daily News. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Thurston, Susan (June 4, 2014). "PDQ owners to start new restaurant concept: WTF". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved March 22, 2015.