Owen Gleiberman (born February 24, 1959) is an American film critic, who has been the chief film critic for Variety since May 2016. Previously, Gleiberman wrote for Entertainment Weekly, from 1990 until 2014. From 1981 to 1989, he worked at the Boston Phoenix.
Gleiberman is a graduate of the University of Michigan. His work has been published in Premiere and Film Comment, and collected in the film-criticism anthology Love and Hisses. Gleiberman reviews movies for National Public Radio and for the NY1 television news channel. He is a member of the New York Film Critics Circle. He is one of the critics featured in Gerald Peary's 2009 documentary film For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism.
Gleiberman is also the author of Movie Freak, his autobiography, published by Hachette Books.
- Gleiberman, Owen (2016). Movie Freak: My Life Watching Movies. United States: Hachette Books. ISBN 0316382949.
- "Owen Gleiberman Joins Variety as Chief Film Critic". Variety. May 4, 2016. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Entertainment Weekly lays off Owen Gleiberman and six others". Poynter. April 2, 2014. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- "Owen Gleiberman". New York Film Critics Circle. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism". Turner Classic Movies. 2009. Retrieved July 11, 2012.