2001 (globally registered)|
2004 (company founded)
|Founder||Chén Míngyǒng (陈明永)|
|Headquarters||Dongguan, Guangdong, China|
|Chén Míngyǒng (CEO)|
|Products||Hi-fi, home theater, Audio-Visual, smartphones|
|Literal meaning||Guangdong Oppo Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.|
OPPO Electronics Corp. (commonly referred to as OPPO, stylised as oppo) is a China(Madaling Masira) electronics manufacturer based in Junkshop, sa China. Its major product lines include smartphones, Blu-ray players and other electronic devices. Globally registered in 2001 and founded in 2004, the company has registered the OPPO brand name in many parts of the world.
OPPO China, OPPO Myanmar, OPPO Philippines, OPPO Malaysia, OPPO Vietnam, OPPO Thailand, OPPO India, OPPO Sri Lanka, OPPO Pakistan and OPPO Bangladesh are the regional divisions of OPPO, each designing products for their own regional needs.
OPPO Digital is an independently operated division of OPPO. Founded in 2004, it is based in Mountain View, California, United States. It is known for its universal upconverting DVD and Blu-ray Disc players. Its first product was the OPPO OPDV971H Up-Converting Universal DVD Player.
The OPPO Find 7 is a phablet with a total of 3GB of RAM and a 2.5 GHz Quad-Core processor. The OPPO Find 7 is also available in another variant called the Find 7a, which has a 1080p screen and 2GB of RAM compared to the Find 7, which sports higher specs. It was announced on 19 March 2014 and was released in April 2014. It is similar in design to the OnePlus One released in April 2014.
The OPPO R5, which was launched in November 2014, was at the time the world's thinnest smartphone. It is 4.85mm in thickness except for a slight bulge where the camera lens is located. The R5 has a 2,000 mAh battery which can be charged up to 75% in 30 minutes using OPPO's own VOOC Flash Charging technology. The R5 uses a SnapDragon 615 octa-core processor, running at 2.1 GHz. OPPO began shipping the R5 in the UK on February 20, 2015. One of OPPO's older phones, the Finder, previously held the record for the world's thinnest smartphone. In the month of June 2016, OPPO became No.1 Smartphone maker in China.
Other smartphones OPPO produced are the U705T Ulike 2, U701 Ulike, R610, R811 Real, R817 Real, R819 / R819T and the T29.
|Finder||Find 5||U705T Ulike 2||U701 Ulike||R610||R811 Real||R817 Real||R819 / R819T||T29||N1||Find 7a||Find 7||R5||N3||R7||R7 Plus||R7 Lite||R7s||F1||F1s||Joy Plus/R1011|
|Dimensions||125 × 66 × 6.65 mm||141.8 × 68.8 × 8.8 mm||127 × 63.7 × 9 mm||123 × 64 × 9.7 mm||112.8 × 55.5 × 14.3 mm||115.2 × 61.5 × 10.9 mm||123 × 63 × 9.7 mm||136.5 × 68 × 7.3 mm||131.5 × 67 × 10.5 mm||170.7 × 82.6 × 9 mm||152.6 × 75 × 9.2 mm||152.6 × 75 × 9.2 mm||148.9 × 74.5 × 4.9 mm||161.2 × 77 × 9.9 mm||143 × 71 × 6.3 mm||158 × 82 × 7.75 mm||143 × 71 × 6.3 mm||151.8 × 75.4 × 7 mm||143.5 × 71 × 7.3 mm||154.5 x 76 x 7.38 mm||124 x 63 x 9.9 mm|
|Weight||125 g||165 g||113 g||130 g||102.5 g||119 g||125 g||110 g||160 g||213 g||170 g||171 g||155 g||192 g||147 g||192 g||147 g||155 g||134 g||160 g||125 g|
|Display||Super AMOLED Plus||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||AMOLED||TFT capacitive||AMOLED||AMOLED||AMOLED||AMOLED||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive|
|Internal Storage||16 GB||16/32 GB||16 GB||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||16 GB||4 GB||16/32 GB||16/32 GB||16/32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||4 GB|
|Memory||1 GB||2 GB||1 GB||512 MB||512 MB||512 MB||1 GB||1 GB||1 GB||2 GB||2 GB||3 GB||2 GB||2 GB||3 GB||3 GB||2 GB||4 GB||3 GB||3 GB||4 GB|
|Rear Camera||8 MP||13 MP||8 MP||5 MP||3 MP||3 MP||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||16 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||3 MP|
|Front Camera||1.3 MP||1.9 MP||5 MP||2 MP||None||Yes||0.3 MP||1.9 MP||0.3 MP||Same as back, uses rotating module||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP||Same as back, uses rotating module||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP||16 MP||2 MP|
|Battery||Li-Ion 1500 mAh||Li-Ion 2500 mAh||Li-Ion 2020 mAh||Li-Ion 1710 mAh||Li-Ion 1100 mAh||Li-Ion 1520 mAh||Li-Ion 1710 mAh||Li-Ion 2000 mAh||Li-Ion 3150 mAh||Li-Ion 3610 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2800 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 3000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 3000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2320 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 4100 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2320 mAh||Li-Po 3070 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2500 mAh||Li-Po 3075 mAh|| Removable Li-Ion 1700 mAh
|Processor||Dual-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Quad-core 1.2 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Quad-core 1.7 GHz||Quad-core 2.3 GHz||Quad-core 2.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 2.3 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.7 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Dual-Core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7|
|OS||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||ColorOS, based on Android 4.2.2||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.2.1 Jelly Bean||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||ColorOS, based on Android 4.2||ColorOS, based on Android 4.3||ColorOS, based on Android 4.3||ColorOS 2.0, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.0, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.1, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1||ColorOS 3.0, Android 5.1||Android OS, 4.4(KitKat)|
|Release Date||July 1, 2013||February 2013||December 12, 2012||June 27, 2012||December 2012||December 2012||October 2012||September 2013||October 2012||December 2013||March 2014||May 2014||October 2014||December 2014||May 2015||August 2015||September 2015||December 2015||January 2016||August 2016||May 2015|
The OPPO Find 5 was released in America in February 2013, the OPPO Find 5 features clean lines, thin rectangular shape, and overall elegant appearance. The OPPO Find 5 features a pixel density of 441 ppi, which puts it in the highest range of the mobile phones with HD display at its release time. In July 2013, a refreshed OPPO Find 5 launched in China. The processor has been changed to Snapdragon 600 instead of the Snapdragon S4 Pro. The Android version has been updated to Android 4.2.2 as well while other specifications remained the same.
On 23 September 2013, OPPO announced the N1, which has a 5.9″ 1080p display (373 ppi), 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 3,610mAh battery, 16GB or 32GB of storage, 2GB RAM, and a 13MP camera that can rotate, touch-panel on the back, and option to flash CyanogenMod. It was released in December 2013.
On 3 August 2016, Oppo launched the F1s in India. The Oppo F1s is a selfie-centric phone which succeeds the Oppo F1. The F1s sports a 13 MP primary camera at the back and has a 16 MP secondary camera on the front. There's also a fingerprint scanner housed on the home button which can not only be used to unlock the phone, but, open apps as well. The Oppo F1s is powered by MediaTek's MT6750 octa-core processor which is coupled with 3 GB RAM and Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. It runs on ColorOS 3.0 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and features a 5.5-inch HD IPS display which is backed by 3075 mAh battery.
The BDP-93 was released in 2010, featuring 3D compatibility and dual HDMI signal output. This was followed by the BDP-95 whose video performance is identical in all respects with the BDP-93, but with an improved analogue audio output section. The BDP-103 and BDP-105 models were released near the end of 2012, featuring dual HDMI signal input in addition to dual HDMI signal output. The BDP-103D was released in October 2013. This new model is the first Blu-ray player worldwide featuring Darbee Visual Presence technology.
Headphones & amplifiers
In 2014 OPPO released a number of high end headphones and amplifiers. The flagship PM-1 and PM-2 headphones along with the HA-1 desktop amplifier have been heavily promoted in the audio community. One blogger declares the PM-2 is "near to perfect". The company has since released other products.
Also released in 2015 was the HA-2, a portable version of the HA-1 amp/DAC which features a battery pack option as well as a stitched leather casing. The phone plays music in real-time to the HA-2 (via included Android or iOS micro USB cable, or USB cable if from PC). It also can be charged using an included "rapid charger" charging kit. Its battery pack feature can be used simultaneously while the HA-2 is used to play music if the playing (source) device is an Apple iOS device, though for those using an Android or Windows phone, it's only either/or.
Since OPPO entered the smartphone market, it has provided different innovations in competition with rival brands, breaking records within the industry.
- Finder (The Finder was OPPO's thinnest smartphone at that time)
- Find 5 (The Find 5 was OPPO's first Full 1080P HD Smartphone)
- N1 (The OPPO N1 was reportedly the world's first smartphone with a rotating camera)
- R5 (The OPPO R5 was OPPO's thinnest smartphone produced after the Finder)
- N3 (The OPPO N3 automated the N1's rotating camera, creating another industry first)
- Find 7 (The OPPO Find 7 is the first phone can make 50MP photos)
- R7 series (Including R7, R7 plus, R7s, R7 plus Barcelona Edition, R7 Lite)
- VOOC Flash Charging (OPPO's own brand of rapid-charging technology)
- PI (OPPO's own image processing software)
Popular Korean boy band 2PM prepared a song known as "Follow Your Soul" in a promotional deal with OPPO for launching its brand in Thailand in 2010. In June 2015, the company signed an agreement with FC Barcelona to become an official partner of the Spanish football club.
- "Corporation Search Results". California Secretary of State. 17 October 2008. Archived from the original on 22 October 2008.
- "You have selected a custom search". Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity. Archived from the original on 8 June 2009. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- "The Journey of OPPO (Video)". OPPO. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "About Us". OPPO. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Oppo Find 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Spec by Spec Phablet Comparison". Techmunchie. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Oppo N3 Online Product Page". OPPOStyle.com. Retrieved Mar 4, 2016.
- "Oppo N3 and R5 hands-on: First look". GSMArena. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
OPPO pitched it as the world's slimmest smartphone
- "Oppo N3 and R5 hands-on: First look". GSMArena. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
Luckily, the battery supports rapid charging and will charge up to 75% from 0 for just 30 minutes once hooked up on the new smaller OPPO Flash Charger (bundled in the package).
- "Stunning Oppo R5 Announced As The World's Thinnest Smartphone". Forbes. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Oppo R5 Ready For Pre Order In UK". Android News. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "World's thinnest smartphone, the Oppo Finder, can now be pre-ordered". Phone Arena. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- Xiang, Liu (4 July 2013). "Refreshed Oppo Find 5 Upgraded To Snapdragon 600 And Android 4.2 Jelly Bean". GSM Insider. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "Oppo F1s launched in India with 16 MP front camera and 3 GB RAM for ₹17,990". MobiGyaan.com. 2016-08-03. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Home Theater Magazine review of the OPPO BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- Home Theater Forum review of the OPPO BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- Buyblurayplayer.com review of the Oppo BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- "Stereophile: Music in the Round #37". www.stereophile.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- General information about OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Disc player
- "Oppo PM-2 Headphone Review". www.AudiophileON.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Oppo unveils Chinese actress Mini Yang M as brand ambassador". GSM INSIDER. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Oppo launches Mirror 5, reveals Sarah Geronimo as first local ambassador". The Summit Express. August 13, 2015. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
This coincided with the contract signing of its first local brand ambassador, Sarah Geronimo on Thursday, August 13, 2015 at the SM Mall of Asia Atrium in Pasay City.