|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: OPHR|
|Industry||Oil & Gas exploration|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Nicholas Smith (Chairman)|
Nicholas Cooper (Chief Executive Officer)
|$(368.8) million (2015)|
|$(322.5) million (2015)|
The company was founded by Alan Stein and Jonathan Taylor in 2004 with backing from Tokyo Sexwale. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange in July 2011. In March 2014, Ophir Energy sold its 20 percent stake in its Tanzanian assets for around $1.2 billion.
On 2 March 2015 Ophir Energy's $492 million purchase of Salamander Energy was finalized.
The company has oil and gas projects in Africa (Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Tanzania, Kenya and Seychelles) and Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia).
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Ophir Energy plc. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Prospectus" (PDF). Ophir Energy. July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Fixer guns for Vodacom Mail and Guardian online, 6 August 2010
- "Ophir Energy to Raise $375 Million in IPO for Africa Drilling". Bloomberg. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ophir Energy sells stake in Tanzanian assets, Africa: Oil Review Africa, 2014
- "Ophir Energy completes acquisition of Salamander Energy". Petro Global News. Retrieved 3 March 2015.