North Luzon East Expressway
|North Luzon East Expressway|
North East Luzon Expressway |
Radial Road 7
Proposed route of NLEX East
|Length:||92.1 km (57.2 mi)|
Commonwealth Avenue (R-7), Balara, Quezon City|
North Luzon Expressway (R-8) in Guiguinto, Bulacan
|To:||Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija|
|Major cities:||Quezon City, San Jose del Monte, Gapan, Cabanatuan|
|Towns:||Norzagaray, Guiguinto, Plaridel, Bustos, San Rafael, San Ildefonso, San Miguel, San Leonardo, Santa Rosa|
|Highways in the Philippines|
With a length of 92.1 km., the project consists of Phase I and Phase II and will form an important transport access in the eastern area of Central Luzon. NLEX East Expressway is up to Cabanatuan starting from the end point of La-Mesa Parkway and/or junction of C–6 in San Jose del Monte via Norzagaray, Angat, San Ildefonso, San Miguel, Gapan, and Santa Rosa parallel to the Pan-Philippine Highway (AH26). Bridges will be required for the project to cross Angat River, Peñaranda River, and Pampanga River.
The North Luzon Expressway East will be connected to the planned Central Luzon Link Expressway.
Project Impact and Objectives
- Eliminate road traffics that are happening in Central Luzon part of the Pan-Philippine Highway which cost a significant amount everyday to the Government of the Philippines.
- Provide significant length of time to the travelers that are going to Region II or Cagayan Valley.
- To link faster the economic and mutual relations of the municipalities of Nueva Ecija, Bulacan and Metro Manila.
- To remove the discrimination of women because the said project will employ a number of women.
- Like said earlier, it will generate a new number of jobs.
- March 2012 - Procurement for the Consultancy Services of the Business Case Study
- July 2012 - Shortlisting of Consultants
- July 26, 2012 - Submission of Bids
- January 16, 2013 - Notice of Award
- February 14, 2013 - Approval of Contracts
- February 21, 2013 - Notice to Proceed was issued to Pertconsult International
- Exit 2 Guiguinto
- Exit 3 Plaridel
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), in its letter dated February 11, 2015, expressed their interest in participating in the North Luzon East Expressway (NLEE) Project as Transaction Advisors.
- DPWH provided DBP with electronic copy of the Draft Final Report of the Business Case Study on March 3, 2015.