Norden High School and Sports College
|Motto||"Building Mind and Body"|
Coordinates: 53°46′15″N 2°25′07″W / 53.7709°N 2.4185°W
|DfE URN||119717 Tables|
|Website||Norden High School|
Norden High School is a high school situated in the small town of Rishton, Lancashire, England. The current headteacher is Mr Tim Mitchell, whom replaced Mr Bob Flood, who was appointed headteacher in February 2007. Mr Flood took over from his predecessor, Mrs Denise Parkinson, whom left her position citing ill health.
The school provides secondary education for 667 children aged 11 to 16, who live in the towns of Rishton, Great Harwood, Clayton-Le-Moors and Accrington. in most recent GCSE results the percentage of students who got 5 or more a* to c grade were 41%. in 2012 it was 51% of students, and in 2011, it was 50%. In 2011, 50 of the students taking their GCSEs achieved five or more grades of A* to C including English and Mathematics.
Notable former pupils
- "Establishment: Norden High School and Sports College". EduBase. Department for Education. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "New head Bob sets school a sporting goal". Lancashire Telegraph. 19 February 2007. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Norden high school ofsted results". ofsted. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "GCSE results 2011: Students celebrate being top of class". Accrington Observer. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Norden High School and Sports College". Performance Tables 2010. Department for Education. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- Dillon, Jonathon (June 16, 2003). "Striker Brett nets school sweetheart". Accrington Observer. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- Humphreys, Jemma (9 July 2010). "East Lancashire actor stars in high school reunion". Blackburn Citizen. Retrieved 12 December 2011.