No Escape (1936 film)
British trade ad
|Directed by||Norman Lee|
|Written by||George Goodchild and Frank Witty (play "No Exit")|
|Edited by||Lionel Tomlinson|
|Distributed by||Pathé Pictures (UK)|
No Escape is a 1936 British thriller film directed by Norman Lee and starring Valerie Hobson, Leslie Perrins and Robert Cochran. The screenplay concerns a man who attempts to hide his friend for a month.
For a bet a man attempts to hide his friend for a month. The police soon believe he has murdered him.
- Valerie Hobson - Laura Anstey
- Leslie Perrins - Anthony Wild
- Robert Cochran - Beeston
- Henry Oscar - Cyril Anstey
- Billy Milton - Billy West
- Ronald Simpson - Scoop Martin
- Kenneth Law - Jenner
- Margaret Yarde - Bunty
- Hal Gordon - County Constable
- J. Neil More - Police Commissioner
- Hilda Campbell-Russell - Barmaid
TV Guide gave the film two out of four stars: "the story is a little slow to start but once things are under way, this turns into an effective, though minor thriller. The acting and production credits are adequate."