12 November 1946|
Roșiori de Vede, România
|Died||8 August 2013 66)(aged|
|Occupation||Romani people activist|
|Known for||Centre for Social Intervention and Studies|
He attended military academy. In 1972, he graduated in philosophy and sociology. In 1974, he studied minorities for the government. After 1989, he was appointed an expert on minorities, for the Romanian government.
He was an activist for Roma rights. In 1993, he founded the Centre for Social Intervention and Studies. In 1998 to 1999, he helped establish the Working Group of Roma Associations.
- Nicolae Gheorghe; Andrzej Mirga (12 March 2001). "The Roma in the Twenty-First Century: A Policy Paper". Eurozine.
- "Romania is shirking its Roma responsibilities". The Guardian. 3 November 2010.
- "Nicolae Gheorghe [Rombase]". Ling.uni-graz.at. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Roma activist and intellectual Nicolae Gheorghe: in memoriam | European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights". Fra.europa.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Nicolae Gheorghe". The Economist. August 17, 2013.
- "Nicolae Gheorghe 1946-2013". European Roma Rights Centre. 9 August 2013.
- "In search of a new deal for Roma: ERRC interview with Nicolae Gheorghe", European Roma Rights Centre, 7 November 2001
- ODIHR Director saddened by death of Nicolae Gheorghe, architect of OSCE work on Roma issues, Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights, 9 August 2013
- "Nicolae Gheorghe", European Roma Cultural Foundation
- Vasile Ionescu. "A murit Nicolae Gheorghe, reformatorul Mişcării internaţionale a rromilor". Adevarul Holding.