Born: June 29, 1995|
Senzel attended Farragut High School in Farragut, Tennessee. As a senior he hit .386 with five home runs and 42 runs batted in (RBI). Senzel originally committed to play college baseball at the University of Georgia, but switched to the University of Tennessee after Georgia fired coach David Perno.
As a freshman at Tennessee in 2014, Senzel played in 53 of 54 games with 45 starts coming at designated hitter (DH) and eight at second base. Over 181 at-bats he hit .315/.419/.420 with one home run, 39 RBI and 14 stolen bases. As a sophomore in 2015, he played in 50 games and hit .325/.399/.495 with four home runs and 28 RBI. During the summer he played in the Cape Cod League and was named the MVP after he hit .364 with four home runs and 33 RBI. As a junior he hit .352/.456/.595 with eight home runs, 59 RBI and 25 stolen bases over 57 games.
Senzel was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds with the second overall pick of the 2016 MLB Draft. On June 13, 2016, Senzel signed with the Reds that featured a signing bonus worth $6.2 million. After playing in ten games for the Billings Mustangs of the Rookie-level Pioneer League, he was promoted to the Dayton Dragons of the Class A Midwest League. He finished the 2016 season batting .305 with 7 home runs and 40 RBIs.
- Blackerby, Mike (July 6, 2012). "Farragut infielder Nick Senzel commits to Georgia". Knoxville News Sentinel. Retrieved March 15, 2016.
- "Cutting Room Floor: Nick Senzel". Retrieved March 15, 2016.
- ""Tennessee Freshman Nick Senzel Takes a Swing at DH" – News Sentinel, April 3, 2014 – Online Research Library: Questia".
- "Nick Senzel is no longer 'little guy' on baseball field".
- "Brewster Whitecaps' Slugger Senzel Named Cape League MVP, Top Prospect". CapeCod.com – Cape Cod News – Cape Cod Events.
- "Cape League names Nick Senzel MVP". BostonGlobe.com.
- Dopirak, Dustin (June 9, 2016). "Tennessee's Nick Senzel taken by Cincinnati Reds with No. 2 pick". knoxnews.com. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- Rosecrans, C. Trent (June 9, 2016). "Reds draft Nick Senzel with No. 2 pick". cincinnati.com. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- Rosecrans, C. Trent. "Reds agree to deal with Nick Senzel, No. 2 overall draft pick". Cincinnati. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- Buchanan, Zach (July 3, 2016). "Nick Senzel, Chris Okey big part of Reds' future in Dayton". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved July 13, 2016.