Nebraska Attorney General
List of Attorneys General
|Champion S. Chase1||1867–1869||Republican|
|George H. Roberts||1871–1873||Republican|
|Joseph R. Webster||1873–1875||Republican|
|George H. Roberts||1875–1879||Republican|
|C. J. Dilworth||1879–1883||Republican|
|Isaac Powers, Jr.||1883–1885||Republican|
|George H. Hastings||1891–1895||Republican|
|Arthur S. Churchill||1895–1897||Republican|
|Constantine J. Smyth||1897–1901||Fusion2|
|Frank N. Prout||1901–1905||Republican|
|William T. Thompson3||1907–1910||Republican|
|Arthur F. Mullen4||1910–1911||Democratic|
|Grant G. Martin||1911–1915||Republican|
|Willis E. Reed||1915–1919||Democratic|
|Clarence A. Davis||1919–1923||Republican|
|Ora S. Spillman||1923–1929||Republican|
|Christian A. Sorensen||1929–1933||Republican|
|Paul F. Good||1933–1935||Democratic|
|William H. Wright||1935–1937||Democratic|
|Richard C. Hunter||1937–1939||Democratic|
|Walter R. Johnson||1939–1949||Republican|
|James H. Anderson3||1949–1950||Republican|
|Clarence S. Beck5||1950–1961||Republican|
|Harold P. Caldwell6||1951||Democratic|
|Clarence A. H. Meyer||1961–1975||Republican|
|Paul L. Douglas3||1975–1984||Republican|
|Robert M. Spire7||1985–1991||Republican|
^1 Term began February 21, 1867.
^2 Joint Populist-Democratic ticket.
^4 Appointed to fill vacancy. In office October 31, 1910, to January 5, 1911.
^5 Appointed to fill vacancy March 1, 1950; elected in November 1950.
^6 Elected for short term. In office about 31 hours.
^7 Appointed to fill vacancy. Sworn in March 1, 1985; elected in 1986.
- AG Office document (cached)
- Nebraska Attorney General official website
- Nebraska Attorney General articles at Legal Newsline Legal Journal
- Nebraska Attorney General articles at ABA Journal
- News and Commentary at FindLaw
- Nebraska Revised Statutes at Law.Justia.com
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions - "Cases with title containing: State of Nebraska" at FindLaw
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson profile at National Association of Attorneys General