|Platform||Java Virtual Machine|
|License||GPL with a linking exception|
The project was announced first at the JVM language summit in July 2011, and then confirmed at JavaOne in October 2011.
- HTML5 canvas
- HTML5 audio
- Laskey, James (July 2011). "Adventures in JSR-292 or How To Be A Duck Without Really Trying" (PDF). Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- "Proposed new schedule for Java 8". 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- "JDK 8". OpenJDK. 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- "JVM Language Summit — Agenda". Oracle Corporation. July 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Saab, Georges (2011-07-19). "JVM Language Summit: Moving Java Forward, aka 'Pointy haired manager talk'" (PDF). Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Coomes, John (2012-11-21). "CFV: New Project: Nashorn". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-24.
- Laskey, J (2012-12-21). "Open for business". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 2012-12-21.
- "Nashorn Architecture and Performance Improvements in the Upcoming JDK 8u40 Release". Oracle Corporation. 2014-12-12. Retrieved 2015-09-06.